36 weeks pregnant and baby possibily in breech position....NERVOUS

hockeybabe2u
on 9/27/11 6:27 am - Allegan, MI
Hi everyone!  Today I'm 36 weeks pregnant and they checked me at my doctors appointment.  Last week my midwife felt the exterior of my belly and felt pretty positive my little guy was heads down, but today when she felt and did my exam, she wasn't as certain.  She said about 60% he was heads down, but he was still so high up and she had a hard time feeling for sure (can I say Owieeeee).  I have an ultrasound scheduled for next week Wednesday, October 5 to check on baby and see how he's positioned.  At my last ultrasound on August 29, the baby was still heads up.  I haven't felt any big move from him that would make me think he turned since then and he pretty much feels like he's in the same position still (except bigger now).  I'm very worried I will have to go into the hospital and have an epidural to have him turned.  This is my 4th child and I've had rather easy child births in the past with no epidural's (which scare the crap out of me).  I really hope it don't come down to this....or even worse to schedule a c-section. Does anyone else have experience with the baby being breech at 36 weeks or having to have the baby turned?  Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I'm scared and nervous!  Thanks!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

MeliT
on 9/27/11 7:37 am - Miami, FL
 don't have any experience but this does worry me. its one of those things you can't really predict. i didn't even know having him turned was an option. how does that work?

hockeybabe2u
on 9/27/11 10:04 am - Allegan, MI
I knew there was an option to turn the baby, but didn't realize you needed an epidural and it had to be done in the hospital.  They give you an epidural because it's very uncomfortable.  They have the doctor or the nurse take a hold of his butt and the other one takes a hold of his head and they basically force him to turn.  Of course they give you an ultrasound before this is done to make sure he is in fact breech and that he's in the appropriate position (he needs to have hands and legs tucked in close or it wont work.  If the baby turns to easily, it's a warning sign that he could just turn back and also theres a possiblity that they wont be able to turn him, which would mean I would need to schedule an ultrasound.  It's also important to have this done in the hospital just in case turning the baby causes you to go into labor....which is another reason why they don't want to turn the baby until your 37 weeks along.  With having 3 relatively easy natural births thus far, both turning the baby and an epidural scare me to death!  I'm just hoping and praying he's in fact heads down and don't have to worry about either!

SassySamara
on 9/27/11 9:30 am - San Antonio, TX
When I went in for my 36 week check up I was told Emad was still breech, and also that I was 0 dialated with no effacement. I was given until my next appointment to see what happened. Well before my next appointment, Emad was born, natural, with no intervention needed. Now, I will mention that I did go on a hayride through a pumpkin patch, so maybe if you try one of those yoga balls/medicine balls?

Lilypie - (8swr) Lilypie - (XAvt)

hockeybabe2u
on 9/27/11 9:54 am - Allegan, MI
Thanks Samara, that makes me feel a little better.  I don't have a yoga ball/medicine ball.....any other ideas......LOL?  But seriously, sometimes I think I'm ready for him to come very soon and other times, I want him to hang in there for a while longer.....LOL.

SassySamara
on 9/27/11 10:05 am - San Antonio, TX
Lunges or horseback riding at 36 weeks are probably out of the picture huh! LOL
I would just think any type of activity that stretches or creates movement would help...like I said I was on a hayride and the guy even said when are you do...I said not for 3-4 more weeks and he said let us see if we can fix that!

hockeybabe2u
on 9/27/11 10:15 am - Allegan, MI

Was Emad up high at your 36 week check-up?  Did you notice when he dropped or did it happen when you went into labor?  With my 1st pregnancy, my water broke and my son was born 17 days early.  With my 2nd pregnancy, my water broke and my daughter was born 9 days late.  With my last pregnancy (post-op), I went into labor and had my son 8 days early.  It would be nice if this boy followed in his brothers foot steps and comes a little early.....but I guess time will tell.  Right now I'm way more concerned on his postion then him being born......I'd much perfer to be late and have him turned on his own.

SassySamara
on 9/28/11 3:17 am - San Antonio, TX
So hindsight is 20/20 lol Since Emad was my 1st and only so no clue but I did start having contractions that night and consistent for next 3 days but thought they were Braxton Hicks. The day I went into labor my mucous plug came out all at once and I had bloody show but no other signs. But we went to hospital anyways...I was only 1 cm dialated, but walked and rested for about 3 hrs and was at a 3 but he was still high so it took a while but he finally did. All in all it was about 18 hrs of active labor but no pitocin or internvention other then they did break my water so you never know.

reianondillard
on 9/27/11 12:24 pm

Prayers that your little man will turn soon.

hockeybabe2u
on 9/28/11 4:55 am - Allegan, MI
Thank you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1253 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 865 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1328 views