Depressed

missmeka27
on 10/2/11 4:11 am - Arlington, TX
I want to get pregnant so bad. I'm almost 30. My bf and I use the pull out method (not by choice on my end) he is pretty good at it. We have use this for almost five years now. I had my RNY last December almost a year I have only lost 80 pounds. I get my cycle every month now. Any advice? Any OTC fertility pills I can take to increase my chances? 
Nikki M.
on 10/2/11 5:35 am
Are you trying to get pregnant or are you still using the pull out method? There is a book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility that is very helpful in educating women about how to get pregnant, and how to prevent pregnancy. It teaches you how to monitor your fertility signs and time intercourse around ovulation. That is where I would start before jumping to fertility treatments. If you have normal cycles, its very likely that you are ovulating. Good luck!

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

MeliT
on 10/2/11 7:26 am - Miami, FL
 i would get the book Nikki told you about. i just got it and it has so much info. i wish i would have gotten this book before i started trying. i've wasted months not charting and logging info about my body.

good luck to you! i'm in a similar boat. just turned 31 and i've been trying for 3 months with no luck. :(

Jennifer H.
on 10/2/11 12:53 pm - stockton, CA
How long have you been trying now or did you just start.I had problems before surgery took six years.When I went in doctor said give it six months and if nothing he would try other methods to help like clomid.I just found an app on my find and keep track my hubby and I had sex every other day inthe time period I was ovulating hoping we would nail it and both times it did for us.I wish you best of luck.I had my son when I was 25 hes going to be 9 in December.I had two twin girls who passed away and only took four months to get pregnant with them and this go around only a month.

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

Catnip
on 10/3/11 4:54 am - Ottawa, Canada
There are a couple of things bothering me.  First of all you are less then a year out.  Different surgeons have different protocols, but you should wait at least a year, if not 18 months. You want to have a baby, but I am sure you want to have a healthy enjoyable pregnancy and a healthy baby. You need to wait for another 6 months or so. Besides where are you in terms of BMI and goal?  How old are you?  Have you ever had your fertility tested?

But before you do anything, I think you need to have a serious discussion with your boyfriend about babies.

If he is "pulling out" then the chances of  getting pregnant are pretty slim.  Besides if he is still pulling out, sounds like he doesn't want to have a child. Have you and he talked about it?  Do you really want to have a child with someone who doesn't want one?  You may think he will get on board when you get pregnant or when the baby or born, but you never know, he may not and you will be a single mom. Are you ready for that, not just emotionally, but career wise and financially? If you want to be a single mom, (which is very cool) then buy the sperm and get inseminated. Or find a known donor, get a legal agreement and use a syringe.  Either way, protect yourself and your child's future.

There are just great resources on becoming a single mom by choice.  Try choicemoms.org   or there are some good books,  Knock yourself up is one of them,  and Choosing Single Motherhood, there is also Single Mothers by Choice but it is almost 20 years old.

Cheers
CNC

Citrate or Bust (a few bones) !
catnip.gif picture by catnipcook

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1272 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 875 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1345 views