I just found out I'm expecting

betty06
on 10/15/11 2:01 pm - Long Beach
 Hello,

I am new to this forum, I just found out 1 week ago that I am expecting, I am currently 5 weeks 1 day... but these last 2 weeks have been a little hard for me.. My back has been in pain...kind of like a burning feeling.. I am getting cramps about every 2 hours... I've been resting most of the time... I am just afraid to have a miscarriage or something.. also, as far as supplements..what are you ladies taking? is the prenatal..just enough or should I still take my protein shakes, and reg vitamins.. I usually take protein, omegas, and daily vitamins, calcium... 

Thanks... 

-Betty
alexsgurl82798
on 10/15/11 3:23 pm
when was your surgery? i am 2 months out and am thinking about when i can start trying for a baby
betty06
on 10/15/11 4:42 pm - Long Beach
 I had my surgery Feb. 2009, and I decided to wait atleast 2 years. I had some complications at first so I wanted my body to be 100% healthy before giving it a try.. :) hope this helps.. btw.. ask your doctor.. ask about the risk factors and all that good stuff.. 
MusicMaryn
on 10/17/11 5:34 am - San Jose, CA
only 2 months?! WAIT!  Bari surgeons suggest waiting 18-24 months post op.  Get yourself healthy and stablized first.  Then work with your bari surgeon to see when he would recommend you start trying.  If you TTC now, then you will be putting yourself and the baby at significant risk.
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lexa321
on 10/16/11 10:52 am - weston, FL
congrats and welcome!... i kept everything the sam execpt switched my multi to a prenatal..
hockeybabe2u
on 10/16/11 10:54 am - Allegan, MI
1st of all, congrats! I hope all goes smoothly with your pregnancy! As far as supplements go, each person is different and absorbs different. If you are not taking folic acid or B12 along with what you are currently taking, I would add those! I also suggest you go and have a full panel blood drawn of all your vitamins and see where your levels are and what you might want to add more of or possibly cut back on. I never added a prenatal with my last 2 pregnancies, but continued with my multi-vitamin and this was also recommended by my bari surgeon. Currently, I take daily a multi-vitamin, B12, D3, calcium, iron, folic acid and zinc. Make sure you are taking your iron and calcium seperate as they wash each other out. Best of luck to you!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/11 8:12 am - Woodbridge, VA
For vitamins, I did NOT switch to a prenatal because my regular multi contained MORE folic acid than the prenatals I compared it to. So, I take multis (2 per day), calcium citrate (3 doses per day, 4 capsules per dose), iron, vit C, zinc, and B12. Oh, and probiotics 4 times daily since I had a "minor bacterial infection" in my first trimester and would prefer not to have to take antibiotics again during pregnancy. The only thing I've added since becoming pregnant is a DHA supplement.

My first OB told me to stop taking everything and JUST take prenatals. Now, why would I take FEWER vitamins/minerals when I'm supporting 2 lives instead of just one? I have since switched to a new OB   :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views