Incompetent Cervix

onlyoneboy
on 12/4/11 9:44 am - St. Paul Park, MN

I had my 21 week ultrasound on Friday and Squirt is doing great.  My cervix on the other hand is not.  It has already thinned to 0.9cm and I was put on bedrest.  They also started me on Progesterone and I go back for a recheck on Friday.  Depending what the ultrasound shows on friday I may end up having a cerclage placed and end up on bedrest for the rest of the pregnancy.  I'm a little worried.  Has anyone else had this?

tonirc
on 12/4/11 9:52 am - KY
I have this wonderful friend who ended up with two cerclages placed and was put on bedrest.  Lets just say, I'm so happy to say "he" is now drinking out of a sippy cup.  LOL  He did come a little early because of her issues but he was just fine and growing like a weed.  I think he turned 6 months this month. 
Jennifer H.
on 12/4/11 10:46 am - stockton, CA
First off I will be praying for you.
Last March when I was pregnant with my twin girls I had this happen to me.They found it at 19 weeks and I was put in the hospital and watched me a few days and then put a cerclage in at 20 weeks maybe closer to 21 weeks.I had my girls at 25 weeks but not because of my cervix opening it was  due to infection.Do everything your Dr tells you.I also have a friend who had one and had a safe pregnancy all the way through and went over due.Im being watched now as well I go Wed to find out if everything still good I was at 16 weeks I also started my shots then to.

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

Kokonut
on 12/4/11 11:14 am, edited 12/3/11 11:18 pm
A good friend of mine had an " incompetant cervix". I dislike that term a LOT. She has 2 perfectly healthy boys and had no issues once off bedrest after the cerclage was put in. She took it easy and did light duty when she returned to work a month or so after the cerclage.

eta: try not to worry! I'm praying for you!
Highest Weight Ever:312 StartW:272 CW:164 SW:253 GW:180  Height 5'10"

tamiissunshine
on 12/5/11 12:35 am - Halsey, OR
I have heard of people going full term after a cerclage. I hope everything goes well.
Did they find out during your ultrasound or did you have some kind of signs that something was going on? I worry for myself cause this pregnancy feels different and I'm feeling all sorts of pains that I didn't feel with either or my girls. I have an appointment Friday but just wanted to know if you had any sort of warning signs or pains.
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

onlyoneboy
on 12/5/11 12:51 am - St. Paul Park, MN
They found it on the ultrasound.  I didn't notice anything different, except with this one there is a lot more pressure and kicking really low.  Feels like Squirt is jumping off my cervix all the time.  My son was born pre-RNY so I weighted more so I just thought it was because I weighed a lot less now.

Jennifer H.
on 12/8/11 10:42 am - stockton, CA
checking in on you.....Im right with you.Im having surgery tomorrow to have Cerclage put in.I was a 0.5 not much left good thing is not soft and no water bag coming out.

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

onlyoneboy
on 12/8/11 11:35 am - St. Paul Park, MN
 I moved my recheck up to yesterday. I was dilated to 2. They did an emergency cerclage last night
Currently in the hospital. So far so goo though. Hope to go home on Saturday. 
I will be on bed rest till baby comes. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1255 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 866 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1333 views