Second SA Results are In

victoria3
on 12/12/11 5:20 am - Douglassville, PA
DH did his second SA last Tuesday, RE called today with the results, this is what he told me:

Total volume- 10 million (up from 2.5 million)
Motility- 56%  (up from 52%)

RE said that these were good numbers for an IUI, but we should see the reproductive urologist anyway (we are scheduled to see him on the 21st).  From what I can find on-line DH results are more in the normal range now from that of his first SA.  We are hoping that we can get pregnant the old fashion way, hopefully since I am in the 2WW again.

OK, SA experts--- are these good numbers? 

Sorry for the ramble...

MusicMaryn
on 12/12/11 7:54 am - San Jose, CA
I have no clue what SA is... but I'm happy to see his #'s go up.  Good luck, sweetie!
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

victoria3
on 12/12/11 8:55 am, edited 12/11/11 8:57 pm - Douglassville, PA
Semen Analysis

*Not sure that it's an "approved" abbreviation but I will have Nikki add it to the list.
MusicMaryn
on 12/12/11 9:15 am, edited 12/12/11 9:16 am - San Jose, CA
HAHAHAHAHA... see... what would the lesbian know about that?!?!?!  LOL

Lesbian version of SA:  You have none... go buy some! 
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

JOoms
on 12/13/11 12:50 am
Those are better numbers for sure and definitely good enough for an IUI, but they are not great numbers.  My RE said SA numbers should be around 200 million with at least 50% motility.  But I'm no expert at all.  My husband's numbers were lower and we were able to get pregnant on our first IUI. 
Nikki M.
on 12/13/11 10:00 am
I think you mean 20 million? My DH has 100 million and its considered higher than average. The average count nowadays is 50 million. According to my research....

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

JOoms
on 12/15/11 2:37 am
You are right.  I meant 20 million!  Bad typo.  But that was for good IUI numbers.
amystimetoshine
on 12/14/11 9:12 am - Pleasant Hill, CA
Hi --
    The motility is pretty good, the count is lowish but still in the "possible" range...  I got pregnant with my twins with an IUI with numbers lower than that,  we weren't able to conceive naturally when my husbands counts were like that and I was having issues with PCOS before my wt loss...  Now thinking we were infertile... I got pregnant the old fashioned way!  LOL  I have NO idea what my husbands counts are now... but I know it was at least 1!   LOL  Good luck to you!!!   I hope this is your lucky 2 ww!!!    :-)    Amy

HW 319   SW  277  CW 180  GW 169
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1260 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 869 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1337 views