How long did you wait......

Rmoneygirl
on 12/21/11 12:59 pm - OH
I know that standard time that the Dr's want us to wait is 18 months.  I just wandering how long most of you waited and what your thoughts are on that time frame you waited.

I'm 30 and don't really want to wait forever.

Thoughts ideas....

imnotknitting
on 12/21/11 9:35 pm
I got pregnant 13 months after my surgery. But my weight had pretty much remained the same for 3 months. If you get to a point before the 18 month point where your weight has evened out for a while, you're happy with your progress and your doc says it's OK (and your vit levels are good), then you should be OK. Your doc will be able to tell you.
Mommy to 2 of the most beauiful little girls in the whole universe and still in love with my hubby of 8 years. LIFE IS GOOD!
(deactivated member)
on 12/22/11 1:07 am - Woodbridge, VA
I waited 2 years. But I agree that if your weight loss levels off, you're maintaining for a few months, AND your nutrient levels are all in good shape, then I would go ahead and discuss with your medical team (primary care doc, OB/GYN, and your surgeon if still involved in your care).
MusicMaryn
on 12/22/11 1:23 am - San Jose, CA
I definitely think you need to discuss this with your bari surgeon.  He/she knows your body best and what would be best for you.  Don't worry about the wait.  I'm 41 yrs old and expecting our 1st now.  I waited 15 mos post op to START TTC (my bari surgeon gave me the green light to start earlier than 18 mos due to my being 40 at the time.)  It took me a year to sucessfully get pg.  So I actually got PG 26 months post op.

The more you wait, the healthier you'll be.  Just focus on getting yourself healthy for now.
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

mandajolyn
on 12/22/11 6:09 am - Tallahassee, FL
I got the ok after 12 months and got pregnant at 16 months post op. Talk to your Dr. see what they suggest. They can vary! Mine wanted my blood work to be good, weight to be stable(not dropping like crazy anymore) for a while and he wanted me to be able to take in enough and not have any big issues with eating.
I just turned 30 and this is my first! I'm glad I waited as I'm healthier at 30 than I was my entire teens and 20s! 
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1258 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 867 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1335 views