Due date moved after US

CassandraRD
on 1/17/12 11:58 am - Plover, WI
 Hey all! Well, we had our first ultra sound last Friday and I was supposed to be 8 weeks (according to my last period) but the baby measured 6 weeks 6days….kinda odd. So they moved my due date to 9/1/2012. I have another ultra sound at 12 weeks (on valentine’s day!!) My OBGYN and GBS surgeon decided they are going to consider my pregnancy high risk because I am only 8 months out from surgery. Can anyone give my details of what extra stuff/care you got if you were considered high risk?

HW/359 S/W328 GW/180  
RNY 04/20/2011          
hockeybabe2u
on 1/17/12 9:47 pm - Allegan, MI
All that meant for me is I seen my regular midwife and had several appointments with the high risk doctor and I had more ultrasounds (which most of us think is a good thing)! I would highly suggest you have your labs drawn each trimester to see where your vitamin levels are and I would do this ASAP if you haven't done it yet! I'm surprised they moved your due date if your pretty positive on your last missed period! I've had 2 babies post-op and my 1st baby measured close to his gestation size and my last baby always measured small. My 1st post-op baby was born at 8lbs 5.5oz (born 8 days early) and my 2nd baby was born at 7lbs 6oz (born on his due date). Not sure why my last one was on the smaller side, but I wasn't complaining....he was still a good sized baby!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/12 11:12 pm - HI

I too had more appointments than most as I got pregnant just 5 1/2 months out from my RNY.  They watched the development of baby closely; lots of ultrasounds.  In fact I have an entire mini album of ultrasound pictures.  I also had my labs (full panel) checked every 1 - 1 1/2 months)  In the end my baby boy was born 3 weeks early.  Depending on who you asked he was the perfect size or very small.  The delivery Dr. said he was perfect at 5 lbs 4 oz, but his pediatrician said he was a bit small.

Good luck to you - just remember to take your vitamins and eat lots of protein. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/12 1:56 am - Woodbridge, VA
Due date changing is not that uncommon. When I had my first ultrasound, they estimated I was something like 10.5 weeks based on my last period, but I was actually only about 8 weeks, so I lost 2.5 weeks  :P  Not a big deal - lots of women don't have perfectly regular 28-day cycles like we all would in a perfect, cookie-cutter world!

I'm not actually considered "high risk," but since I've had type 2 diabetes and my WLS, I have had a couple extra ultrasounds. I just recently had a growth scan at 29 weeks to make sure my diabetes wasn't potentially affecting anything (even though I don't have any symptoms at all of diabetes, including no elevated fasting glucose levels). I don't have any more regular appointments than normal - every 4 weeks, then to every 2 weeks, and eventually every week. Since I've had WLS, I have had extra labs run to keep track of my nutritional status, but I do lab testing through my PCP, not my OB.
Megan B.
on 1/23/12 10:58 am - Southgate, MI
They did the same thing to me.  According to my LMP I am due March 2, but they moved my due date to March 13 because of my first ultrasound.  This will be my 4th csection so I am actually very concerned with this because I argue it every time i am there.  I know I am not a doctor but if I use their dates you might as well call me Mary cause nothing happened in those times.  If you use my dates things were happening lol.  I am concerned because I don't want to have the baby to early but at the same time I am just stressing out.  The baby is measuring to my dates according to the last us but they won't change my due date.  Oh well.  I told them that I will see them 2 weeks early for a non scheduled csection.  It just sucks because I need to plan and I hate having to wing it.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1261 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 870 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1338 views