when do things...........

Meginsf
on 1/26/12 12:00 am - WA
get dangerous?? I have a friend who is 2 weeks 4 days late and she refuses to be induced. The last time she was induced she hemridged and doesnt want to go threw that again. Well i thought the plasenta starts to break down and not work properly after a certain amount of time. Was wondering at what point does this become dangerous for the baby?? Im afraid shes going to just keep on waiting and something will happen.
  Starting weight 320 weight a preop 300 Current weight 198 goal weight 160  
Lilypie Maternity tickers
imnotknitting
on 1/26/12 1:38 am
Couldn't she hemmorage whether she was induced or not? I understand being a little firightened to do things, but she's REALLY late!
Mommy to 2 of the most beauiful little girls in the whole universe and still in love with my hubby of 8 years. LIFE IS GOOD!
pirate_mommy
on 1/26/12 1:21 pm, edited 1/26/12 1:21 pm
REALLY late would mean two weeks past 40 weeks after conception,( which occurs two weeks after the first day of your last period, as per most OBs), right? So, if you do the math, she's right on time.

Jennifer H.
on 1/26/12 6:43 am - stockton, CA
At 42 weeks most Dr take baby out because issues with placentas not working right mine wouldn't leave baby in there.

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

pirate_mommy
on 1/26/12 1:19 pm
I hardly post on here anymore because my two littles keep me so busy, but this is one that hits close to home, so i wanted to add my two cents. In the US, we calculate gestation by the first day of your last period, and then calculate EDD (Estimated Delivery Date) at 40 weeks after that. If you think about it, that's rediculous, because NONE of us could possible conceive the day of our period (okay, there's an exception to every rule and I'm sure they will post). So, really, the US way gives a baby two weeks of development as a freebie. That is to say, a baby induced at 42 weeks and 3 days (like  my own) could really measure at just 39 or possibly 40 weeks, depending on ovulation. WIth my second baby, I used the European method of calculating EDD, and my water broke on my EDD and she was born with just 4 hours of contractions and 5 pushes. Anyway ... what I am saying is, they come when they come. Waiting 42 weeks is fine in my opinion. Now, waiting 44 weeks past the last guestimated ovulation? Not a good idea. But, take into account the date of ovulation, and add 40 weeks to that. I bet the babe comes soon ...

Meginsf
on 1/29/12 3:03 am - WA
well the baby hasnt come yet and she hasnt made any progress so today is 3 weeks past her EDD. I understand that the calculations can be 2 weeks off. I can also understand that she is scared of hemradgeing again but at the same time I know the placenta starts to break down and stop working properly. Im just werried that by her being stubburn is going to lead to more serious  issues.
  Starting weight 320 weight a preop 300 Current weight 198 goal weight 160  
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1236 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 861 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1322 views