I'm so tired!!! Oh and not working out!!

afrog777
on 2/13/12 9:41 am - Houston, TX
Ok Im almost 9 weeks pregnant and so tired!!! I was running about 3-5 times a week and now feel like I don't even want to walk on the treadmill. Im so tired all the time and when I try and run its even worse...Is that normal? Today makes a week since I have exercised. Oh btw I have also started a new job and haven't worked in a while maybe that has something to do with it too.

How many of you stayed active throughout your pregnancy?

Paula622
on 2/13/12 11:14 am
Totally normal!  Give it a few weeks, you'll feel so much better!  The beginning is rough, you'll be more tired than you ever thought possible.  By the second trimester you'll feel like a new woman.  Hang in there. That being said, I tended to feel better on the days I was active.  I did spinning classes throughout both of my pregnancies.

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

tonirc
on 2/13/12 4:46 pm - KY
Not to be mean but it was like 13 years in between my first and second child.  We were staying with my in laws because we were moving to their town.  I had started working in June and by Feb. I was SO ready for our own place.  Who wouldn't with a 12 year old and 7 people in a small house with one being a kid.  In Feb. I would come home and go straight to bed.  My husband would have to wake me up to eat and then right back to bed.  Even then, I was dragging butt the next morning.  My mother in law thought I was in a terrible depression and thought it would get better when we moved out.  We got our house and was moving.  Now we had told my daughter many times about how the smell of cooked meat would make me sick as a dog when I was pregnant with her.  We decided to go out to eat that night because I was just to tired to cook.  We were talking and laughing UNTIL the steak came out and I RAN to the bathroom.  My daughter was laughing when I got back to the table and told me I was pregnant.  Needless to say, she was right. lol  After he was born, 18 months later I went to the doctor because I was so tired AGAIN.  Never crossed my mind cause he was 7 months old.  Well, of course, the doctor walked in and asked if I wanted to add to our family.  Malachi was born and AGAIN 18 months later my daughter kept telling me I was pregnant AGAIN.  We fought over it so much that I bought a test and took it at Target.  She was right.  But everytime, I was SO tired for the first 3 to 5 months that I thought I wasn't going to make it until the boys had their naps and I took one with them.  I thought it was kind of cool that she knew I was pregnant twice before I did. 
twert80
on 2/14/12 12:43 am
Yes very normal......it started getting a little better for me around weeks 10 and 11.  I am guilty i havent worked out at all since the beginning.  I just told my DH that i have to do something all this laziness is really packing on the pounds....ugh......So i am gonna go back to my zumba classes starting Thurs.  My daughter was begging to go so i know i won't let her down.....lol.  After working 8-9hours going home fixing supper (if DH hasnt already...he is such a good feller) helping with homework......ugh the last thing i want to do is.....well anything lol....but sit on the couch and zone out.  However the scales this AM gave me a wake-up call so my lazy butt has got to get moving.  I know with my son i did aquadics at our local YMCA and loved it.  Hanging out with all the seniors wasn't all that bad they were rather *****y and kept me laughing.  With that preg i only gained 13lbs (then again i was over 300lbs) so being active is a good idea and i felt better that preg than this one.
afrog777
on 2/18/12 12:06 pm - Houston, TX
Thanks!! Yeah I have put on a few pounds already too and I know it's from not workingout and eating too much. I am trying to get back with running I always feel so much better when I do.

kwinkleman
on 2/16/12 1:13 am - FL
Sounds normal to me.  I am almost 20 weeks and I didn't get my energy back...or at least some of it until around 12-15 weeks.  I also started getting B12 shots again so I think that helped a lot too.  Those first 12-15 weeks were miserable though.  I was so tired, fatigued, totally unmotivated.  But it does get better.  I have not started working out again, I was walking before I got pregnant but then reality and life kicked in and I haven't exercised since.  I am sure that between your body getting use to being pregnant and the new job and all the stress caused by both which are major events you are exhausted.

Hang in there though, it does get better! 
afrog777
on 2/18/12 12:07 pm - Houston, TX
Thnaks guys!! Im really trying to getr back with the running...I have 3 times this week so hopefully I can keep up.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views