Hernia in Pregnancy

jfur
on 3/4/12 8:28 am - Topeka, KS
 Hello! I posted last week, in my frustration, about all the pain that I'd been having during my pregnancy. No doctor seems to take me seriously and I spend most days doubled over crying and unable to get comfortable. Finally, I decided to go to a different hospital (one not covered by my insurance) and actually got an OB doc that had interned with the surgeon that did my gastric bypass. After he felt around on my stomach were all the pain seems to be, he pushed on something and a light went on over his head. He said that my bowel was sticking out of a hernia in my upper digestive tract and that when the pain happens its because that bowel pushing on it and sticking out. Has anyone else heard of this happening? He said it's some of the worst pain a person can go through and I believe it. If I eat, it hurts. The pain radiates all the way to my back. I am making an appointment to see my surgeon this week. My insurance no longer covers his care which makes me nervous. I don't know what to do. I'm scared.
-Jen
tamiissunshine
on 3/5/12 12:04 am - Halsey, OR
I have an incisional hernia from my previous C sections and in the beginning of my pregnancy it was really painful but now, it must have popped back in cause it's not bad. They are going to try to fix it during my C section but they said they don't know for sure til they get in there. Hopefully your pain will not last long either, I can't imagine going through the whole pregnancy with that pain.
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

twert80
on 3/5/12 12:31 am
My herenia hurts off and on.  It hurt worse in the beginning but has eased up.  I have a ventral and umbilical hernia. They stick out all the time, but rarely cause me a lot of pain.  I have gas pains more than anything and that will cause me to double over, get hot and sweaty, think ya gonna die.  After a couple of gas-x it will slowly subside and i will begin to pass it (my poor family).  However the pain is mostly where my hernias are and the first time it happened i was a little worried, but it was amazing what gas-x would do.  Hope you fell better soon.

Tiff
jfur
on 3/8/12 3:12 am - Topeka, KS
Turns out it's a hernia with possible bowel obstruction. Surgery on the 19th. :s
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1246 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1324 views