Birth Story

onlyoneboy
on 3/19/12 11:06 am - St. Paul Park, MN
Well I finally am able to get to a real computer to type this up.  Here it is:

So Ryker James Leonard Kocher was born at 1:29pm on 3/10/12.  He was 5 weeks premature and weighed 5lbs 10oz.  Ryker was 17.5 inches long.  I started having contraction on friday night, went to bed slept thru the night and was still having contraction on Saturday morning.  We got to the hospital about noon.  The doctor removed the cerclage stitches hoping that when he released that pressure labor would stop.  It didn't.  I was contracting every 2-3 minutes.  Ryker was born by c-section and wisked off to NICU due to his age and respiratory distress.  After 2 days his lungs cleared out and he no longer needed to be in the isolet.  Ryker is still in NICU since he is not eating enough on his own to gain weight.  He has a tube down is nose for feeding.  He just started to nurse on Saturday and is doing great.  We hope he will be home by this weekend.  Because of all the issues I had the doctors were very happy that we made it to 35 weeks.

We all can't wait for him to come home.  I'll try to get pictures posted soon but I can't guarantee it.  I've been spending alot of time at the hospital with Ryker.

tamiissunshine
on 3/19/12 1:31 pm - Halsey, OR
Congrats! I am glad that he's doing well and hope he'll be home soon with you!!
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

linda.traxler
on 3/19/12 4:19 pm - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
Congrats to you!!  Am so glad he's doing alright and so happy for you that you made it to 35 weeks!!  Great sign that he's starting to nurse too!  I hope you both continue to do well!!!

Very best wishes!!!
Jennifer H.
on 3/20/12 7:16 am - stockton, CA
Love Love Love this glad he will be home soon!

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1254 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 866 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1331 views