Lurker.

jessicae
on 5/13/12 7:00 am
 So I am not pregnant yet but lurking on here so decided to say hello.  Mother's Day is always tough for me and thought OH is such a good support group, why not post? 

I spent 2 years trying to conceive with 1 year of fertility treatments (clomid, femara, injectibles and 3 IUI's).  After a second opinion told me it was not PCOS and my chances would increase significantly if I lost weight, I decided that the sleeve was the best option for me to have a baby.  

I'm only 8+ months out and starting to get the baby bug again.  When I was newly post-op I was concentrated on everything surgery related.  Now I"m letting the everything baby related things creep back into my head.  I went to see my surgeon at 6 months and labs came back fine.  I see him again for my year in September and I'm hoping and praying he will give me the ok to start officially trying again.  

Because I've never been pregnant (and believe me, I was not very careful when I was younger and was always surprised I was "lucky" enough to not have been pregnant), I'm now wondering if it was the weight or if it's something else.  Right now the dr. (2nd opinion lady) said she would list it as the wonderful "unexplained infertility".  Just sitting here on a tough day wishing I was a mom already and wondering what the future holds for me and had to get it out since I can no longer eat about it! :) 

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

Paula622
on 5/13/12 10:22 am
Just want to say welcome to the board.  Good luck when you start trying, hope it works quickly for you!  For what it is worth, I got pregnant 6 months after my sleeve and did just fine.

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

MeliT
on 5/13/12 12:30 pm - Miami, FL
 wow! i can sooo relate to this!! i've had the baby bug for years but seriously got it about 5 yrs ago. right before i got surgery i tried to get pregnant but decided i didn't want to get pregnant at that weight. i was too unhealthy. turns out i probably couldn't have gotten pregnant if i tried!! its so funny you spend all these years trying not to get pregnant only to realize you can't really get pregnant easily because of PCOS. i could have had a lot more fun as a kid. lol. 

around 10 months after surgery i didn't want to wait anymore. i was ready to go. you're being really responsible!! and to be honest, as long as you're able to maintain your weight and your labs are fine you should be ok to go ahead and try to conceive. it takes a while for it to happen anyway. the good news is the weightloss helps BIG TIME. some women get preggers pretty easily after losing the weight, with others (like me) its harder and takes longer. but don't worry, it'll happen. you've already done the hard part. the rest is the fun part. "trying". its an exciting time. it can also be frustrating. but whatever you're going through just know you have friends here and we're here for you!!

good luck!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views