Pregnant!

SafetyTurtle
on 11/5/12 2:09 am, edited 11/5/12 2:13 am - Cincinnati, OH
We got the green light early from all medical personnel to start TTC in May, since I've had so many losses & problems getting pregnant. So 9/26 was my 1 year surgiversary and also cycle day 1...and we got our BFP on 10/27! Cautiously optimistic, this one feels just a lot different than the 12 losses we've had (not all since May, but since 2010). HCG is really high, progesterone is strong. Boobs are HUGE & hurt like crazy, nausea & constipation are ever present, and I'm a total brat to my poor hubby :~) all good signs of a healthy pregnancy.

So I'm down 9 lbs, which is no surprise as I still had 40 lbs to go until goal when I got pregnant. Doc says this is okay so long as I'm eating well baby will get everything they need. And dietician cleared me says my food is fantastic both in quantity & quality of calories. How did this all play out for you ladies? I'm assuming I'll continue losing for the first trimester, stay the same thru second, and gain in the third.

Oh...so of all the things to be worried about, I'm worried I won't "look" pregnant. The post op body of a former 380 lb woman is...odd to put it nicely. I'm at 232 right now, and definitely have some lower abdomen bloating, but will I actually get a bump or just look fatter again?

Gina :~)
xxMourningxStarrxx
on 11/5/12 5:39 am - Joshua Tree, CA

Congrats!  I cannot imagine going through 12 losses...You are so strong but it's hard to give up when you want something so badly!  I've been through 3 losses at this point.  

You will definitely look pregnant!  I don't know from experience but I have seen a lot of the girls pregnancy photos on here.  I am so happy for you!  Praying and hoping for the best for you and baby!  Enjoy every minute of your pregnancy, you deserve it!

:: Highest: 359 :: Pre-Op: 330 :: Current: 197:: Goal: 140 ::

Celia S.
on 11/5/12 9:58 am - Grand Junction, CO

Congrats, Gina! Wishing you a happy, healthy 9 months!!! :)

As for the weight loss - every woman is different. A lot of us lose in the first trimester due to the flood of hormones and morning sickness. Personally I lost 35 pounds from 265 to 230 in the first 21 weeks and then started gaining some back. Gained back up to 241 and last week I weighed in at 237. Been fluctuating between 235 and 240 for the last couple of months. Yes, the weight loss is fine as long as you're eating enough to nourish yourself and baby.

As for looking pregnant? It really depends on your existing belly shape, but what pics I've seen of yours, I'm sure you'll be sporting a distinguishable baby bump in a few months. I have an upper belly and lower belly so that makes a difference for me. I look pregnant with my full panel maternity pants and maternity tops on, but in regular clothes I just look fatter again. Here's my bump at 35 weeks - I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow. I'm so excited for you and wishing you the best! :)

SafetyTurtle
on 11/5/12 10:03 am - Cincinnati, OH
I have a double belly too. Well triple if you count my fat pad above my vag LoL it's saggy flesh bellies tho with fantastic dimples right in the middle LoL I got approved for plastics but wanted to wait until after having a baby. I think your bump is cute! I think that's a bit of what shape I am so it makes me smile that you have such a cute bump.

Did you figure out how to turn your baby yet? I'm highly likely to have a breech cuz of a septum in my uterus so I've already started reading about spinning them LoL

Gina :~)
Celia S.
on 11/5/12 10:30 am - Grand Junction, CO

Nope... I've tried a few things, but nothing has even made him act like he wants to turn. He's not getting any smaller and his quarters aren't getting any less cramped, so hope that he will turn is certainly diminishing.

Have my 36 week check up tomorrow and will know what my doctor is thinking and how he wants to proceed. I will be telling him no if he suggests trying to turn him, though. I'd rather do a csection than go through that. haha

My first child was head down the whole time! IDK what it is about this little guy. Stubborn like his daddy, I guess. haha

Rekeca
on 11/6/12 5:25 am - NC

Congratulations. I am wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Nikki M.
on 11/6/12 2:28 pm, edited 11/6/12 2:29 pm

Congratulations! I had very similar stats to you size wise... I got up to 390 before surgery and was between 245 and 225 during pregnancy. I actually lost 20 pounds in the first/second trimester and then gained it back in the third trimester. I lost most of it a couple weeks after giving birth but put a little back on from grazing all day while I'm home on maternity leave. Not good!

I had a nice preggo belly while standing, but it was hard to see when sitting and looked like a fat roll. I had a hangy saggy part that I just tried to hide in my pants as best as I could. I didn't really show at all until about 30 weeks. Here's a pic of me the week before my son was born:

Wishing you a happy healthy 9 months!

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1237 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 861 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1322 views