Sorry its so long long...but I do have updated pics

chica904
on 11/20/12 5:37 am, edited 11/20/12 5:48 am - Neptune Township, NJ

I know I havent posted since my son was born in april, but I have had so much drama in my life that I dont even know where to begin. I didn't know who else to vent too...and I have always been able to feel like I can't let off steam here so I wanted to give it a try.  I had my LAPBand surgery July 2009.  In July 2010 I got a surprise positive pregnancy test.  In November 2010 I had my fluid removed, as I started having difficulty with eating. This continued throughout the pregnancy and in April 2011 had a Gall bladder attack.  Subsequently, I found out I had gall stones. Due to this attack my daughter was one week early (no complications) and I have not had any gall bladders attacks since..thankfully.  Still no fluid and trouble keeping food down.  Had an upper GI and everything was "perfect".  Then in July 2011 another surprise positive pregnancy test.  Throughout this second pregnancy, no fluid in the band....not keeping food down well. Fast forward to now..November 2012. Two babies later, no fluid, no gall bladder attack, but STILL can't keep food down.  So after having another upper GI, abdominal ultrasound, and endoscopy, it turns out the band may be causing my issue. Doctor says that I may have formed scar tissue under the area where the band is placed.  So even tho I have no fluid in the band, there is still restriction from the scar tissue making it hard for me to eat and process food completely.  I still have many stones so they will be removing the gall bladder "just because" at this point, but the band is going to be removed as well.  I got approved to get revised to the sleeve at the same time but the doctor wants me to heal for 6 weeks to confirm that the issue is just the band and not anything else.  Im just nervous and wanted to get some encouragement I guess...thats all.

me

Love my Babies!!!

Starting Sleeve Weight (2/25/13) - 233

Current Weight (7/1/13) - 197

Goal Weight - 175

MeliT
on 11/20/12 7:44 am - Miami, FL

omg what a couple of cuties!!! congrats!! thats a worry i have about the band, even though i know a lot of ppl who have been very successful and are happy with their band, i worry about corrosion or other complications it can sometimes cause. thats why i don't recommend it to my dad who wants to get WLS. again, not that the band is bad at all. i guess i'm just paranoid about it but there could be complications with any surgery. but the important part is they figured out the problem and are gonna fix it. thats the important part. as far as the sleeve goes, i can tell you that its great. the recovery wasn't that bad. i mean the worst part was the damn gas that lasted for a week. once that went away i felt great. and the great thing is, the sleeve is forever and you don't have to go in and get filled or anything. don't worry  you'll be fine!! and once you recover you'll be a new person and not have to deal with all this stuff. 

if you have any questions about the sleeve though feel free to message me.

nkjanes78
on 11/20/12 8:14 am - Norfolk, VA

I relate because I had rny but I wanted to say that your kiddos are adorable!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1262 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 870 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1340 views