pregnant at 3 months post surgery/concerned

michellerayne
on 12/24/12 7:05 pm
RNY on 09/19/12

I posted this on the RNY forums, but I was told this one would probably be better :)

I had my rny on September 19th and I've run into an issue. I think or I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant. I NEVER had normal periods and had my first one last month and I was planning on getting an IUD this month, but the meds I was given to start my period never worked, or so I thought. I took two tests today and they were instantly positive. I'm really scared because this was not in the plans and shows that the 'pull out' method doesn't work. I know this is dumb on my part but having mega fertility issues in the past this never occured to me to worry about. Are there going to be huge issues with this? Has anyone been through this so early out? Any info would be great.

nkjanes78
on 12/25/12 12:18 am - Norfolk, VA

Did you really think that the pull out method was reliable birth control? I don't get why women rely on that, even before they ********* they have Precum which also contains sperm. Are you really that surprised. I'm not trying to be rude, it just baffle me that women post on here about being shocked and surprised when they find out their pregnant unexpectedly when they rely on a birth control method that is not reliable or even suggested as a real form of birth control. I assume your pregnancy will be ok and your ba

nkjanes78
on 12/25/12 12:21 am - Norfolk, VA

Baby will be born healthy and strong. For me after my bypass i was not to far away from building the Hoover damn in my body to keep from getting pregnant. Again I'm just baffled that your honesty surprised. Anyway here's to a happy and healthy 9 monts for you

LRPRICE
on 1/10/13 10:23 pm - ROBINSON, TX
What's up an assholish response. I mean I don mean it rude but your a *****
michellerayne
on 12/25/12 1:35 am
RNY on 09/19/12
Yeah, I know it was a stupid move, but like I said I've had fertility issues and never even thought after having one period on my own I'd end up pregnant. But, it's too late for me to dwell on bad planning and bad choices. I'm going to do whatever I need to do to keep this baby healthy and in the future I'll know that pregnancies will happen if I rely on crap methods.

nkjanes78
on 12/25/12 5:00 am - Norfolk, VA
Please know i was not judging you in any way shape or form. It happens and I'm sure you will have a healthy baby. My response was more of a "are you really surprised" your pregnant.

michellerayne
on 12/25/12 5:14 am
RNY on 09/19/12
No, you're fine. I am surprised, but I know I shouldn't be, lol.

Nikki M.
on 12/25/12 2:35 pm

I would seriously die of shock if I got pregnant with the pull out method. Just saying. I also have fertility issues and for all of the stars to align to get pregnant from the little amount of sperm in pre *** I would still never rely on that method for birth control just in case, but I can def see someone being shocked. 

Good luck to you! 

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

ochikezie
on 12/25/12 10:13 pm - Essex, MD

I got pregnant at 4 months out, I was great that baby was great have gone on to have 2 more problem free pregnancies. Do what you are supposed to do, vitamins light excercise, and good food choices and you and the baby will do just fine. You may continue loosing weight and that is normal or you may stay the same pre prego weight either way the thing is this your baby will be fine because its going to TAKE all it needs from you your responsibility now is to make sure you have enough for yourself so up the things you need to up add the things you need to add, protien, folic acid, b vitamins, iron, calcium, prenatals, Our pregnancies are not much different than a normal pregnancy. Some women find that they are able to take in more food, or tolerate more foods (bad choice foods that is), but eat small frequent meals healthy snaks, plenty of water, walk as often as you can, the same RNY regimen just slightly altered, or taylored for your sittuation. And as far as your birth control method, believe it or not for those of us who went into the RNY to be able to ttc, we would be absolutely shocked as well

rthomas
on 12/26/12 4:24 am - bham, AL
I got pregnant three mnths post op also im almost three years out he is two now i lost weight the whole time continue to take ur vitamins drink ur water n protein however u can rest try not to stress hey u think things are impossible n we get proven wrong congrats
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views