Breast Feeding after implants

Stacey D.
on 1/13/13 10:59 pm - Harrisonburg, VA

Hello ladies, I have a question to see those experiences with those who have had lift/implants and were able to breastfeed.  With my first child (it was 2 pre implants, post RNY), I had trouble due to tumor like developments that required me to pump, the baby could never latch on.  In March of 2011 I had the first of four reconstructive surgeries on my breast.  It was supposed to be just a lift; however, due to complications, before it was all said and done I ended up getting implants (this was June 2012).  Just wanted some feedback if anyone has had this experience.  The plastics says everything should still work, and I am hoping at min to pump, but didn't know if you guys had any experiences to share..

thanks, Stacey

Stacey
RNY-10/27/04

Alice P.
on 1/14/13 6:45 am

I don't have personal experience but my Aunt had implants and had no issues breastfeeding or pumping (and that would have been years ago when people didn't really pump).

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

Sara S.
on 1/15/13 10:21 pm

I have implants and I could have breast fed if that was my choice however with my history and vitamin levels I decided to bottle feed.

My milk came in same day I delivered.

Sara

Mom to Haleigh born 04/14/10 and Dylan 05/15/12
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1239 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 861 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1322 views