St. Joe's Hamilton and Pregnancy- anyone?

Gorgeous84
on 2/6/13 9:06 pm - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/18/12

Hi all,

I will also be posting this on Pregnancy board (Where I have been lurking) but I was looking if anyone had experience specifically with the St. Joe's Hamilton Clinic if they were preggers before the "18month" guideline.

I'm 8 months out and My family doc is giving me her blessing "when I reach goal" which is like in a couple weeks and I'm having IUD out but that'll still need healing time for lining. So we will use condoms still.

Recommendations are just that - I just want to know I'm not committing a crime against nature by following my own heart, life plan (we plan to move provinces w/in year so the thinking is that I can go through this with my own clinic and doctor for first baby at least)

Just curious if anyone has any experiences w/ reactions in Hamilton (and every clinic has different guidelines so it can't be wrong I figure)

Thanks,

Kelsey

There are risks and costs to a program; but they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable inaction. -JFK

Elisabeth G.
on 2/12/13 11:59 pm - Windsor, Canada

I'm through the Windsor clinic and am currently 19 weeks and am 7 months post op.  They are just monitoring me more closely I do find that I get more care from my team of health care professionals outide of the bariatric clinic then I do from the clinic.

The one thing I have is a dietitian outside of the bariatric clinic and she has been a life saver through morning sickness ect helping me find ways to get protein and food in

If you have any questions that I could help you with just let me know

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1252 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 865 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1327 views