HcG levels

cguillen
on 2/18/13 2:21 am
VSG on 11/05/12 with

I had my hcg levels tested on Thursday 2/14 and it was 446 and on Saturday 2/16 my hcg level was 470.  My midwife is not in today and I hate not knowing what this means.

Also on Thursday 2/14 I had an internal u/s and the midwife didnt see a thing in there, thats why she had me do the hcg tests.

If it helps my lmp was 12/23/12.  On Sat 2/2/13 i took 2 hpt and both were postive, faint but still positive and then on Sunday morning I took another hpt and it also came back positve, faint as the other 2.

Throughout the weekend I have been spotting.

We weren't looking for this baby, but since the moment I found out I was pregnant, we have all been excited to expand out family!

Alice P.
on 2/18/13 6:45 am

How did you get the numbers if no one was around to tell you what they mean??

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but hcg levels should double every 48-72 hrs in the first trimester, so especially with the spotting it sounds like you are miscarrying. 

I miscarried over the summer and then got pregnant immediately with this baby and the same thing happened with my 1st pregnancy so I think my body needs extra preparation for the pregnancy.

(((HUGS))))

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

cguillen
on 2/18/13 7:06 am
VSG on 11/05/12 with
Alice, thanks for your response. I know my numbers because I have Kaiser as my insurance and they post results online. This morning I called Kaiser and left a message that I need to speak with a nurse, midwife or Dr, someone who can tell me what is going on but still no call back from them. I left work early because I don't feel good my lower back has been hurting too.

windowsdown
on 2/21/13 12:05 am
RNY on 11/02/10 with

Did you get any information? I too had low HCG levels...they didn't double and I miscarried (twice).  But I'm hoping your story ends differently.  Hugs and keep us posted.

cguillen
on 2/21/13 12:32 am
VSG on 11/05/12 with

My pregnancy ended Tuesday morning, it is sad but I believe in God so much that I know my baby didn't make it for a reason, now I will lose the weight I need and then prepare my body for a healthy pregnancy.  

Thanks for asking!

Celina

windowsdown
on 2/22/13 2:00 am
RNY on 11/02/10 with

Celina-

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I too believe that GOD has a plan for me and that my two prior pregnancies wasn't meant to be.  With that being said the loss I felt was just heartbreaking but I made it through and looking fwd to getting preggo again and like you having a healthy pregnancy.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1258 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 867 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1335 views