6 weeks Pregnant and only 10 1/2 months post op

mzbehavin712
on 2/26/13 10:47 pm - Wilson, NC

Hello ALL,

I recently found out I was pregnant and then all the nervousness set in.  I am truly excited as this baby will be the first one that I deliver..I adopted my son almost 2 years ago. The only symptoms that I have are: feeling light headed, dizzy spells, fatigue and gas...other than that I wouldn't even know besides the two lines on the home test and the doctor confirmation.  I visited with my nutritionist yesterday and they want me to gain 25 pounds.  I don't know how I feel about that right now seeing how i have been eating more food these past two weeks and I have lost 5 pounds in a little under a week.  I'm so nervous that I am not going to be able to gain the weight for the baby...Anyone else experiencing this?

Luvsdaislands
on 2/27/13 12:05 am - Landover, MD

Yep.  From around the time of conception to when the doctor confirmed it (which was 6 weeks) I gained about 10lbs. and have since lost 6lbs. in 2 weeks.  I am scared to death that I won't get enough nutrition to the baby, i am trying to do lots of protein and take my prenatal vitamins....it's hard because I am experice extreme nausea and just the thought of anything going into my mouth makes me sick. 

Alice P.
on 2/27/13 5:27 am

I wouldn't think about the gain/loss--I would concentrate on getting in your protein and your fluids and let your body do what your body does--my weight gain has been not at all reflective on what I eat during the pregnancy--I have been eating the same for the past 2 months-- and didn't put any weight on till the last week and then went up 5 lbs.

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

michellerayne
on 2/27/13 8:23 pm
RNY on 09/19/12

I'm only 5 1/2 months post op and I'm 14 weeks pregnant.  It was definitely a huge surprise, but  we're excited.  I'm also extremely concerned about getting in enough nutrition for this baby.  I found out on December 24th and since then I've lost around 30 pounds since finding out.  My weight loss has slowed down by a lot, but I'm still losing.  I also have a hard time eating protein, drinking protein shakes, anything protein related usually makes me sick.  I eat a ton of cheese in hopes that will help, but I know I'm not getting enough.  My OB hasn't really seemed concerned yet, but I have a feeling I'll be getting more growth scans when I hit 20 weeks.  Good luck, I know that it's difficult and scary.

tygercub82
on 2/27/13 11:05 pm - TX
RNY on 01/13/12 with

everyone tells me to concentrate on fluid and protein to the best of my ability. To eat small meals as it will help with the nausea because it will keep the blood sugar regulated. I had lost 15-20lbs at the begining and have picked up about 4-5 lbs back(mostly from making wrong decisions). As long as the baby is growing healthy most doctors wont say anything. I go for an anatomy ultrasound in 4 weeks. I have been doing a lot better the last week with my choices, now I just have to bring it home!

Good luck dear!!

P.S I found out I was pregnant at 11 months post op so I understand the nervousness. You only need 300 extra calories a day while pregnant so don't eat for 2!

mzbehavin712
on 3/18/13 5:27 am - Wilson, NC

Thanks!!! Its hard getting all the food in as it is..

Yellacake
on 3/10/13 4:59 am - NJ
I know how you feel. I'm only almost 6 weeks post op and I found out that I'm pregnant! I just lost 40 lbs and the thought of trying to eat more sickens me. I can only get in 3-500 calories a day bcuz of nauseousness.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1262 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 870 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1340 views