Vitamin regime?

Could_It_Be
on 4/9/13 5:48 am

Hi Ladies, 

I will be 2 years post-op VSG when we start trying in a month or so and I've just finished a bottle of my regular Centrum chewables and thought I'd get some prenatals next. I'm wondering which prenatal vitamins you like?

I asked my dietician about taking 2 since I was told to take 2 regular vitamins (although I rarely get more than 1 in a day, if that) and she said to ONLY take 1 prenatal. All my bloodwork is good :)

Of course I'll ask my ob/gyn when I see her but I'm curious what you all do/did.

So I'm looking for recommendations and also which vitamins you took?

Thanks!

VSG on 6/22/11
Alice P.
on 4/9/13 6:54 am

I had RNY and just stayed on my regular vitamin routine (2 multi, 3 calcium, 1 b12 and 1 iron****il my iron dropped then we doubled it.  My ob's only real concern was if there was adequate folic acid in my regular vits which there is so I didn't change anything.  And my blood work has continued to be good.

Have you asked your OB/gyn?  When I was pregnant with my 1st two preop I went on a prescription prenatal because then I got 3 months for one co-pay!

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

Could_It_Be
on 4/10/13 5:53 am

Thanks Alice! 

I have an appointment with the Ob/Gyn next month and I'll be sure to ask. I bought a regular prenatal to start taking now (it's basically the same as what I was taking before) and will see what she has to say.

Thanks!

VSG on 6/22/11
soamazin2004
on 5/4/13 7:07 am - NC

Hey there,

Can you tell me when your iron dropped please? I am 5 weeks pregnant and want to know when to start drawing labs. (just had them drawn about 6 weeks ago.)

Paula622
on 4/14/13 10:46 am

I got pregnant 6 months after my sleeve, and I never switched to a prenatal.  They're harder to digest than a chewable, and my regular 2 multi's had just as much or more of all the important stuff in a prenatal.  OB and surgeon were both on board with this move, and my labs were great the whole time.  Good luck!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1257 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 867 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1335 views