OK, NEW WITH QUESTIONS (14 months post op (VSG))

mai7amad
on 6/23/13 8:13 pm - United Arab Emirates

Hey there im 1 months post op today :) reached goal about 6 months ago and happily maintaining :) loving my sleeve.

ill be trying in acouple of months, my questions are.

#1 restriction ??? what was it like while pregnant ???

#2 breast feeding ??? i heard you have to eat alot while u breast feed and with my first i gained around 40 pounds.

Lianne C.
on 6/24/13 11:21 am - Garden City, MI
I had RNY, so not exactly the same thing...

1) restriction. Well I take 2 or 3 bites of something and I am ready to burst! I feel like I am fresh out of surgery! It is really bad. Also it has caused me to gain some weight. My OB says it is a hormonal thing that my body is trying to grab on to all the calories that it can. I have stayed in my weight gain limits but it all came on very fast once the restriction started up so strong.

2) breastfeeding. Well you always have to eat more calories to BF, because your body is burning them faster then you know. I know if I did not eat every 2-3hours with my last baby (first post RNY) I would feel as though I was starving and I even got vertigo. I did not lose more than 5-10lbs in the year that I breastfed. I did not gain weight though. So as long as you are chosing healthy calories, you should be fine. I are lot of chicken and fish. Plus I found the water requirements difficult to keep up with.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
mai7amad
on 6/24/13 8:14 pm - United Arab Emirates

Thanks for posting :) , your little ones look adorable.

Paula622
on 6/25/13 6:03 am

First off, congrats on reaching goal and maintaining.  My experience with restriction is probably different from what you'd experience because I was only 6 months out when I got pregnant.  That being said, my restriction definitely lessened as my pregnancy progressed, but I'm sure a lot of that would have happened between 6 and 14 months post op anyway.  Today, my baby is 19 months and I'm just shy of 3 years post op.  I can still only eat about 2-3 ounces of dense protein with a few veggies on the side.  So, I'd say my restriction is still pretty good despite pregnancy.  As for breastfeeding, I had no issues and breastfed my lil guy for about 11 months.  I definitely snacked a lot, but had no issues eating enough or with milk production.  After my first baby (pre op) I was starving all the time when I nursed and I gained 20 lbs, I definitely didn't have that ravenous empty pit feeling this time around and I lost about 10 lbs beyond my conception weight during the time that I nursed.  So, overall if anything post op pregnancy and nursing was an easier experience, definitely no complications or issues!  Good luck!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1256 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 867 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1333 views