Hey girls! Birth control. Help!

kelly_p
on 8/19/13 7:56 am
Heyy, im.not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in but i need some help. I know that you are not supose to get pregnant soon after surgery. Ive also heard that birth control pills dont work as well in women who are over weight. My question is if this is true.. N what your experience has been. should i be looking for another for of birth control or not. I know i should be speaking to a doctor but was just wondering what you guys think.. Thanks for ur answers in advance.
Lianne C.
on 8/22/13 3:22 pm - Garden City, MI
The birth control pills Are more of an issue with WLS, I have not heard about the being overweight. The reason it is with WLS, it that we have absorption problems. A second form is often needed.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Rebecca S.
on 8/22/13 10:33 pm - Platteville, WI
RNY on 12/14/04 with

I have also heard that birth control can be in issue if you are overweight!  It depends on how overweight you are and the type of birth control used!  My Dr. Said that things like the patch don't work as well for overweight women!  Like the pp said also...it can be an issue after WLS also...and should use extra protection!  

My experience...never had an issue!  I used pills after RNY without issue and after my first baby I used NuvaRing with out issues!  That is just my experience though...I know there are a lot of women who have become pregnant using birth control!  

Becca laugh-9/2007laugh-10/2012 (Forever in our !)

Lilypie - (pVjW)Lilypie - (Trlr)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views