rash help

Meginsf
on 10/17/13 4:18 pm - WA
Hey ladies I'm 3 years post op with vsg and 20 weeks prego with baby #2 . I have a heat/ yeast type rash under extra skin on my stomach and need some ideas. I have creams that the Dr gave me when I wasn't prego and I think it has some steroid in it but I'm not 100% sure. Soo if been taking showers daily sometimes 2 a day and am keeping it as dry as possable. If done corn starch and other powders but I just get a pasty mess. So I need some new ideas. Thanks in advance
  Starting weight 320 weight a preop 300 Current weight 198 goal weight 160  
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Brooklynnsmom
on 10/18/13 3:47 am - Bellevue, NE

Nystatin powder is the best I had found hands down.  It is a antifungal type product.  It comes in a generic.  I know my insurance I can get it for just a few bucks!  It comes in a little container with a "shaker" lid on it and you sprinkle it on and I rub it on til it dries it up a little.  I have a fairly large pannus, when I get a rash--I will use this and within 2 days it is gone. It is a prescription, so the dr. will need to prescrib it but they never seemed to have a problem giving it to me.  It doesn't get pasty or gross either.   

Debbie

Meginsf
on 10/18/13 4:49 pm - WA
Thank you for bring this up. I actually did get a rx for nystatin I just need to dig it out. I havnt had any rashes for months so all that stuff kind of went out of sight out of mind.
  Starting weight 320 weight a preop 300 Current weight 198 goal weight 160  
Lilypie Maternity tickers
CarolynCloned
on 10/18/13 12:24 pm

Monistat Cream or the generic version will work just fine.  Clean, dry and then a thin coat of Monistat and it will clear up in a few days. Use regularly to prevent the yeast/fungal growth. 

nkjanes78
on 10/19/13 10:25 am - Norfolk, VA
Monistat makes a powder cream that is amazing. You won't get that white mess and it stays were you put it. It's non mediated and with the yeast infection stuff. I swear by it!!

Lianne C.
on 10/25/13 12:41 am - Garden City, MI
my dr has me on Hydroxazine,mine spread to all over my body.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1238 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 861 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1322 views