Pregnant after bypass HELP DESPERATE

Jellyanne
on 12/6/13 1:12 am

Ladies, I am a year and a half past rny. I am now 13 weeks pregnant.  I had had some issues but for the first three months no morning sickness. I was so excited. Now over the last few weeks after I eat and no matter what I eat I get super nauseated. It goes away after an hour or two but then as soon as I eat again I get sick as a dog.  Anti nausea mess don't work.  My OB is not sure if it is morning sick ess that just started or is it from my surgery.   Desperately seeking help

Paula622
on 12/6/13 3:45 am

I had sleeve, not bypass, so I can't relate to all the inner workings, but I'd say talk to your surgeon.  They might want to do some tests, or at least be able to shed some light on the problem.  Seems like it might be more likely a WLS issue than a pregnancy one. 

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

rthomas
on 12/10/13 6:21 pm - bham, AL
I was like this with my first baby. I became pregnant cpl mnths after surgery and I was very sick the further u get along it may get better.
Ashley H.
on 12/10/13 7:55 pm - Keller, TX
VSG on 11/13/12

There are plenty of people who start getting sick later on in pregnancy- it just isn't as common or talked about.  I am currently 13 months post-op sleeve and am 17 weeks pregnant.  I have lost 12lbs since becoming pregnant thanks to hyperemesis (severe morning sickness).  For me- it is definitely non surgery related- just a lovely side effect of pregnancy. 

CATHERINE81
on 12/13/13 12:38 am - BROCKTON, MA

Hello this is my 2nd pregancy since rny in o9  yes everyone is different i got very sick first few weeks and everything made me nausious it does get better you can email me for more info if you like jayaunasmom @ gmail com

best of luck

Walnut436
on 1/19/14 9:52 am

I will be 20 weeks on Tuesday (first child, got pregnant 7 months post RNY without trying--definitely a surprise). I had zero nausea or fatigue or anything for 7 weeks. Then all of a sudden BAM sick as a dog. That's actually when we found out I was pregnant.  Then week 7 til 18 I had constant severe nausea with just about everything I ate. The only 2 things I could eat without feeling like I was going to die were Cheez-it crackers (something I thought I would NEVER eat after surgery) and string cheese. Dietician and surgeon and OB all said to eat whatever I could that worked. I was only able to get in about 800-900 calories most days---some days were less because it was so awful. I did try to drink V8 and milk and still tried my protein shakes (although those made it worse) but it was very rough. Now, at 18 weeks it has gotten much better. Now, I really only get nauseated with my afternoon snack/evening meal for whatever reason and it's no where near as intense as before. I did start taking doxylamine and B6 at night though (comes as an RX only for pregnancy nausea but I just got the OTC dose and "made" the closest dose I could because my insurance didn't cover the RX). So, I'm not sure if that helped or if I was just ready to be over it.  Anyways, I hope it gets better for you---but just think...at the end of it all you probably won't even remember the bad nausea and you will have God's greatest gift!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1251 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 864 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1327 views