It's a girl!

Paula622
on 3/27/14 5:30 am

Second vbac was a success! Labor started on the night of my due date. I stayed home until I thought I was leaking fluid. The contractions were not very bad at that point, but my doc didn't want me at home too long with the vbac, so off we went at about 3am. All of the doctors and nurses were very supportive of my decision to vbac, and my wishes for no interventions. We walked laps all night and at about 10am I let them break my water. I labored naturally until baby was born at 4 pm on March 20th. Only pushed about 5 times! To those who's doctors think size is everything, this baby was almost a pound and a half heavier (and the same length) as my c section baby that got stuck with 3 hrs of pushing. It was hard work, but I'm proud of myself for sticking to my guns for a natural delivery.

I love waiting for the delivery room surprise, so it was exciting to hear my husband get to make the "it's a girl" announcement after the grueling process of a natural labor.  Lyla Elizabeth is a week old today and is such a good baby!  I'm kind of waiting for the honeymoon to end because she is doing so well.  She is already doing just one feeding at night and sleeps a ton during the day too.  I've never seen a newborn sleep this much (I'm certainly not complaining though).  My daughter (5) is so excited to have a little sister and my son (2) is warming up to her nicely.  He is doing far better than I had hoped.  Overall, we're all doing really well! 

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

Zee Starrlite
on 3/27/14 6:06 am

Cute!  Blessings.

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Sherry-Lynn L.
on 3/27/14 7:55 pm - Barrie, Canada

Oh she is adorable, congrats and glad things went as planned for the most part

Sherry-Lynn   

DD July 9th, 2012 7lbs 1oz

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

windowsdown
on 3/27/14 11:25 pm
RNY on 11/02/10 with

Awesome brith story! Kudos to you for going naturally. She is a cutie pie!  Congrats to you and your family.

Paula622
on 3/27/14 11:42 pm

Forgot to mention... With this pregnancy, I gained a total of 32 lbs.  This was the most I've gained in any of my pregnancies, before or after surgery.  My first post op pregnancy, I gained 18.  As of today (baby is a week old) I'm down 20 lbs, back in my size 2 jeans, and feeling like I've mostly got my body back.  I am exclusively breastfeeding, so I'm pretty sure a significant amount of that last 12 lbs is residing on my chest.  I'm hoping some of it stays this time because they were looking pretty deflated after my last baby.  Just wanted to add this since I know people who come here to read posts are often most concerned with weight gain/loss. 

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

Celia S.
on 4/11/14 5:39 am - Grand Junction, CO

A belated congratulations, Paula! She's precious! :)

L2D
on 6/2/14 1:56 am - Canada

congrats! I remember reading your posts when I was pregnant with my last baby. I didn't post much, was more of a reader!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1234 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 859 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1321 views