Second pregnancy afte3r VSG

FinallyHealthy2013
on 5/1/14 12:27 am - Calhan, CO
with

My mind is spinning we recently found out we are expecting again and I seriously dont want to do it again.  I was scheduled for being fixed and now I am going to be "host" again lol. This is my 4th child, 2 born b4 sleeve and now will be 2 after.  My newest baby is only 5 months old and my body seriously needs a break.  But I suppose for now I just have to sit back try to eat and hold on for the ride. I am having terrible morning sickness like i did with my last baby and just trying to look at food makes me want to be sick.  If I dont eat within 20 minutes of waking up I will be sick for hours. I am always tired and just want to sleep till this is over.  I was just getting back on the weight loss train when it was derailed by this but oh well thus is life and apparently this is how mine is supposed to go.  I know I will get to my goal I will just have another little one to chase to help me get there.

My heaviest was 450 lbs which a truck scale told me so in 2007 I decided I had to change. I lost about 125 lbs over the next year but in 2009 I got pregnant with my first child and took the best care of myself I knew how which lead to me losing weight and getting down to 280.  But that was short lived and with in about 4 months I was back to 325 and pregnant again. I lost again but again was quickly gaining when I asked for help from my doctor.  I met my bariatric surgeon for a consult on June 26 2011 and on September 13 2011 I had gastric sleeve.  Since then I have lost 134 lbs and had another child.  Currently I eat "Clean" and do not take any type of medication or vitamin.  My body is healthy and strong, I get all the vitamins and calcium I need from my diet and my doctors are happy with my success and lifestyle changes and so am I.  My goal was always to be healthy so I wanted a healthy weight based on BMI.  My goal weight was 164lbs.  I surpassed that and got to 150lbs but was too skinny and now am comfortable around 160.

MeliT
on 5/26/14 10:21 pm - Miami, FL

girl i feel for you!!! i only have 1 (had him after vsg) and he's 18 months and the thought of having another makes me cringe right now. lol. it took me THIS long to get back on track and i want to reach my goal (of losing enough weight to get this panni removed) before  i get pregnant again. i was so soft and doughy for so long and just now starting to get some definition again. so i totally feel for you. i mean you are already a super mom for being able to handle so many kids! i struggle with just one!!! but you're right, it all happens for a reason. no worries, you will get back to your old self eventually. but its true, we're hosts for them. they take over our whole bodies. i said to myself, i need a break. i need to become whole again before i can give myself to another human being. which is what we do. give ourselves completely. but to be honest, i do miss being pregnant! that part i was good at! lol. though being pregnant with other kids to take care of must be exhausting!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1235 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 860 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1322 views