Anyone get pregnant 5 years out?

Lindsey M.
on 5/20/14 7:50 pm - CA

I was 167 when I got pregnant and delivered at 207. Lost 20 pounds after delivery and now have been stuck at 190. I didn't have gastric bypass to be obese again! I'm 26 and have plenty of life to live and hopefully more pregnancies to have. :( I'm now realizing my real issue with food is back. I cannot trust it. My weight is beyond out of control. I try to make healthy choices but it seems as soon as I wake up in the morning it's bad choice after bad choice in excess. I keep eating because I'm upset at my original choice.i believe I eat out of boredom. I'm to the point at  190 pounds that I cannot look in the mirror. I'm thankful I'm at the end of pumping so I can indulge in diet pills and eliminating food from my life.  I did not have gastric bypass surgery 5.5 years ago to fail now. I've got to figure this out!!help! 

*I Love My RNY!*  
bluemommie
on 5/21/14 1:23 pm

Hello,

I had my gastric bypass 12/2009.  And just found out two days ago I am pregnant!  I am very excited.  I do not have any answers to help you, but i am curious to know what others did too!  I wish you the best!

L2D
on 5/27/14 1:49 am - Canada

I disgust myself too..I had 1 baby post RNY. Gained 24 lbs, lost it all and kept it off for the year that I breast fed...stopped breastfeeding in Oct 2013 and then just decided to make super poor food choices and here I am almost 4 years post op, 19 months post baby, 7 months since I stopped breastfeeding and I'm bigger now than I was when I delivered. I may be pregnant right now, on day 2 of missed period..which is great..but that means more weight to gain...ugghhhhhh!

Paula622
on 5/29/14 6:01 am

I feel your pain!  I had my first post op baby 2.5 years ago.  He was my second baby, with both of those pregnancies I only gained about 20 lbs and I lost it right away.  However, with my preop baby, I gained all of it back and by the time she was 9 months old I weighed more than I did when I delivered.  With baby number 2 I was still so early out from surgery (6 months post op when I got pregnant) that it was easy to get back on track after the birth and I lost all my baby weight plus 10 lbs more.  I maintained that pretty easily for almost two years.  Then, I got pregnant with baby #3 (2nd post op).  This pregnancy I gained a little over 30 lbs.  I lost 22 right away, but I've since put about 5 of those back on.  Baby is 2.5 months old and I feel like I'm slipping into the same situation that had me gaining after my first was born.  I'm breastfeeding, so I'm hungry all the time.  I'm home with three kids all day, so snacking is super easy.  I get upset over all my bad choices and just continue to make more.  I have at least 15 lbs to lose and I just keep sabotaging myself.  I do good for a few days, but then I'm right back to poor choices and snacking.  I really just need to get my head in the game!  I keep telling myself I didn't have surgery just to gain weight again, but I'm really struggling.  Ugh!  So frustrating!  Sorry, no advice, but you're not alone! 

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1235 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 860 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1321 views