5months post op and pregnant... Hard time eating!

sammierose91
on 1/7/15 10:52 pm - kitchener, Canada

Hi all, I just found out a couple weeks ago that I expecting. It was a complete shock as I was following my clinics recommendations... But we are very happy about it.

I'm 6 weeks pregnant and this week has been the hardest. I can't seem to keep anything down. Morning is the absolute worst. Trying to get the first meal in when just the idea of any food makes me want to get sick.

Is there anyone who has been through pregnancy after surgery that can relate and give me any suggestions?

TIA

Celia S.
on 1/8/15 2:30 pm - Grand Junction, CO

Try nibbling on some saltines before you even get out of bed in the morning to help settle your stomach a bit. Other than that eat small, frequent meals throughout the day and make sure to drink plenty of water. My nausea is so much worse when I'm on the dehydrated side.

Finally, Zofran is my BFF. Maybe ask your doctor about a script?

Congratulations and good luck with your pregnancy!

sammierose91
on 1/9/15 5:33 am - kitchener, Canada

Thank you! I didn't think of my water intake affecting my nausea. I've been drinking plenty of water today and it's made a huge difference.

I took the recommendation of zofran to my Dr but she won't prescribe it for me... she says to many risks to the baby??

I guess I'll continue keeping up on my water intake and hope gravol will eventually work! 

civilmomma
on 1/20/15 12:38 am
VSG on 03/07/14

find a new doctor and get on Zofran.

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1252 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 865 views
Glucose test