Gave Birth in March 2014 and got off track. I Need Help Please

newbutterfly84
on 1/18/15 10:44 am - VA
with

I had my first child in March 2014! I never thought that I would be able to have a baby. My husband and I tried for 8 years to conceive and finally one day it happened. During my pregnancy I called my NUT 3 different times and I never got a reply. I was so scared because and I was afraid that the baby wouldn't get enough nutrition if I ate how I was supposed to so I just ate whatever. Now 10months after giving birth to my wonderful son I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get back on track. Can someone please help me. I am at a loss. Here is some BG: I am 3 years out from the Sleeve WLS, My highest weight was 350 and my lowest was 214lb (was so close to being out of the 200s and so proud of myself) Now i am back up to 262 and am so scared of failure. Please give me some advice on what to do. I am at a loss and have nowhere to turn. BTW I will be seeing my surgeon for my 3 year follow up soon. Thanks in advance :)

anonymous_one
on 1/20/15 1:17 am, edited 1/20/15 1:20 am

I am right there with you! I lost 90% of my excess weight in 6 months then got pregnant. I had her in July (2014). I gained 30 lbs in pregnancy....20 since :(

My husband and I also tried for 8 years to have a baby, had two pregnancies both resulted in early miscarriages, so we never thought we would get to be parents. We love our baby, and I want to be healthy for her, for him, and for me. 

I am so depressed and terrified of becoming 300 lbs again and hating myself for that failure the rest of my days. I avoided my last follow up out of shame. I tried increasing protein And cutting carbs but all it did was stop the gaining. 

newbutterfly84
on 1/20/15 1:21 am - VA
with

I am scared to. I am currently writing down what I eat, I am watching calories because I've never counted carbs and I am starting to exercise more. I know I can get where I want to be and I am sure you can to. :)

anonymous_one
on 1/20/15 1:26 am

I know it is too important to not keep trying. I am going to work on getting more super food veggies in my diet and be stronger when the sweet cravings kick in. 

newbutterfly84
on 1/20/15 1:32 am - VA
with

Kicking the sweets is had especially because during my pregnancy all I craved were sweets, slim jims and cucumbers. After my pregnancy I was so off track I didn't know what to do. Lately if I want something sweet I will get an apple and some peanut butter. I need to get some protein powder to make more shakes because they help me when an apple and pb aren't cutting it. 

anonymous_one
on 1/20/15 1:40 am

peanut butter is my sweet but I think I over do it. I ate ice cream while pregnant, but not since. 

newbutterfly84
on 1/20/15 1:46 am - VA
with

I ate pop tarts, a lot of pop tarts when i was pregnant! I was told by my surgeons assistant to give into the cravings while I was pregnant. I can clearly see that that was bad advice ( I'm not making excuses, I chose to eat it, i wasn't forced to). I wont even look at anything like that now, I got so mad at myself because I ate junk but I forgave myself because there is nothing I can do about it now. All I can do is to go forward and work on making my new goals. 

anonymous_one
on 1/20/15 1:50 am

I was told the same thing. So now it is about changing habits again without the benefit of encouraging rapid weight loss, smaller stomach (from post op swelling), and the phenomenon of little to no hunger. We still have a great tool, just not as shiny and new as when we first got it. So now it is time to find how to make the older version of this tool work like new again. :)

newbutterfly84
on 1/20/15 1:53 am - VA
with

You are exactly right and we can do it! :) Feel free to send me a personal message and we can keep in touch if you'd like!

Paula622
on 7/7/15 7:25 pm

So, I hardly ever come here, but saw this thread and figured I'd respond because it is so relevant to me.  I had my sleeve almost 5 years ago.  Went from 219 to 136 at 6 months and then got pregnant with my second baby.  He was born 11/11 and then I lost down to 126 and stayed there for about a year.  Got pregnant twice and had early miscarriages both times, gained a few pounds.  Got pregnant again, and had my third baby in march 2014 too!  After she was born my weight was hanging out around 138 for a super long time.  Right around January, I had a friend coming from out of town and i didn't want to look like id gained a bunch of weight with the third baby so i got back on track and got back to 128.  With summer here, I have been snacking a lot less and today I'm at an all time low of 121!!  It is always amazing to know that even after 5 years, my sleeve still works when I put in the effort.  The funny thing is that I'm still so distrusting of my body.  I see the scale go down and a part of me is thinking "that was too easy, maybe I have cancer or something"  lol.  Guess the crazy never goes away!  Now I'm hoping for either a fourth baby, or some skin removal..time will decide which.  Hang in there, it will happen!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1233 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 857 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1319 views