6 months post op and 3 months pregnant

Marwah
on 2/18/15 12:08 am, edited 2/18/15 12:09 am

hows everyone feeling?

seem like this chat is slow lately lets liven it up with the current preggos lol

lets Hear ur stories ladies

im 6 months post op and 3 months pregnant lost 15 pounds so far since finding out I'm pregnant 

im so excited to be having a second child

woohoo

ok ladies ur turn😄

civilmomma
on 2/20/15 3:21 am
VSG on 03/07/14

I got pregnant at 5.5m post op.  Now I am 31 weeks and doing great.

I lost 100, got pregnant, lost 20 more, and have re-gained about 10 of those.  It is looking like I will deliver at the weight I was at 5.5m post op.  That's fine by me.  This baby is tracking big, so once it is out, I should be well on my way back to my lowest weight and lower in no time at all.

the nausea was rough this time, but seems to be subsiding finally.

This baby #3 for me.  my first 2 were at my HW with delivery weight being 370.  Now I am in the 230s and it is a totally different experience.

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

Banana14
on 2/21/15 4:25 am

Hello ladies!

Quick question. How did your surgeons respond to your news of being pregnant so soon after surgery? No judgment here, strictly curious. I am almost 5 months post op and dying to get on the baby bandwagon but I worry about my surgeons reaction to the news among other things.

civilmomma
on 2/23/15 10:51 pm
VSG on 03/07/14
On February 21, 2015 at 12:25 PM Pacific Time, Banana14 wrote:

Hello ladies!

Quick question. How did your surgeons respond to your news of being pregnant so soon after surgery? No judgment here, strictly curious. I am almost 5 months post op and dying to get on the baby bandwagon but I worry about my surgeons reaction to the news among other things.

IT is NOT a good idea to get pregnant so soon after WLS.  The biggest thing is that you may have nutrition issues with the pregnancy which is fair to you or baby...Plus...you just had major surgery to lose weight and now you are pregnant which puts that on the backburner.

That being said, I had lost 100 pounds from surgery to pregnancy, so when I went to my bariatric center for my 6m post op - I had a great weigh in AND told them I was pregnant.  THey took it OK...no shaming.  They shifted the appointment to talk about nutrition and health vs. weightloss goals.

They gave me a packet to give my OB about what to look for and that was that.  It helps that my OB is also a sleever, so while she understood that the timing was not great - she also knows my abilities and limitations in regards to food and nutrition.

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

TanyaRN
on 3/30/15 9:00 am - Palm Bay, FL

After RNY, we were advised to not get pregnant until at least 18 months out and/or weight stabilized

Pelz
on 4/24/15 5:01 am

I got pregnant 5 months post op and was scared, it was my forth, it was so soon after surgery, I couldn't hold anything down, and I was super sad thinking I had surgery for nothing because I was going to gain everything back again. Well I had a successful VBAC 3 weeks ago and baby was healthy and big! I did lose about 25lbs the first few months of the pregnancy and had to get IV fluids a few times but then in the end I gained about 10lbs back and then lost 5lbs the last week again. So far since giving birth I have only dropped 20lbs but I'm trying not to stress about it yet. I do have a ton of extra skin now that I'm not happy about but I plan on trying to tone this summer. My biggest complaint is always being thirsty now and not being able to gulp down fluids like I want. My iron levels haven't wanted to stay up since surgery either but they aren't at a horrible level either. 

I'm just glad that the baby was ok since everyone shamed me for getting pregnant so soon after surgery. I was basically Told I wouldn't have kids again because of my PCOS and some other problem.....imagine my surprise when I found out. Lol 

RizingPheonix
on 6/6/15 5:37 pm - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 12/03/14

My husband is 9 months post op and I'm 7 months post op and he is terrified that I'll get pregnant and loose the benefit of the WLS. I understand his concerns completely but we're in our 40s and time is of the essence here. I know we should wait at least another five months, which I have no problem with but I am also working on my nursing degree, tick tok...tick tok. Its quite frustrating.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1233 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 858 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1319 views