Post op VSG recovery with a 16 month old?

NoRegrets4Me
on 3/4/15 11:51 am
VSG on 04/21/15

NoRegrets4Me

on 3/4/15 6:44 pm

I was wondering if anyone else had a little one at home during recovery? I'm scheduled for surgery on April 21st and I'm not at all nervous about it other than caring for my daughter. I'll be off work for 1 1/2 weeks and my husband will be home with me the first week. I've asked my mother in law to pick her up so I don't have to lift her when I go back to work. I'm just wondering if I'll feel like getting down on the floor to change her and such? And I'll have to lift her out of bed in the morning.  Any insight or advise is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

civilmomma
on 3/4/15 11:52 pm
VSG on 03/07/14

I replied in your VSG board post.

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

Paula622
on 3/19/15 12:16 am

My oldest was about that age when I had my surgery.  I had help for a few days and then managed on my own after that.  She was still in a crib so I did have to lift her in and out a few times a day, but tried to limit other unnecessary lifting/carrying.  I was sore for a few weeks, but managed our every day activities all right.  Congrats on your upcoming surgery!  Best decision I've ever made!  I had my sleeve done almost 5 years ago and have never had a minute of regret.  Tomorrow is my third baby's first birthday and I'm wearing a size 2/4 and have so much energy and physical ability to do stuff with the kids.  I'm thankful every day that I took the plunge and got healthier! 

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

NoRegrets4Me
on 3/19/15 3:23 am
VSG on 04/21/15

Thanks Paula622 that is so great to hear that have no regrets this far out. I've always struggled with my weight. And a big part of my struggles were do to trying to have a child (hormones, doc appts., procedures...). So after trying 10+ years I have my baby!! So now all I want is to be a healthy and entergetic wife and mom and grow old with my family. Congrats to you for your success and maintantence!!

This G.
on 7/31/15 5:54 am - Canada

How did you make out?

I have my surgery coming up and my LO will have just turned 1. I am putting her in daycare so that she isn't home during the days, and I have my mom who will be picking her up and dropping her off, otherwise it is all on me.  She is just 20 lbs.

Any advice?

Surgeon: Dr Hagen. Start Opti Aug 18th. Surgery Sept 1st 2015

NoRegrets4Me
on 7/31/15 7:14 am
VSG on 04/21/15

Everyone's different but I felt terrible for about 6 days. My husband took her to the babysitter during the day. I pretty much slept off and on all day. I would plan on having your mom help with baths and such just in case you don't feel well in the evening. Good luck and I hope you have an easy recovery! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1237 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 861 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1322 views