16 weeks pregnant and no sense of satiety

uveaprettyface
on 1/1/16 11:10 pm
VSG on 03/22/13

I'm 2 years post op from the sleeve. Prior to my surgery, I gained 90 lbs during my 1st pregnancy. At 16 weeks, I've already gained 25 lbs and I feel completely lost. I haven't had any morning sickness, which many people will think is a blessing, but if you can't stop eating, it is quite a problem.  I've tried increasing my protein, loading with veggies, protein shakes, but nothing helps. The worst part is that I can't sleep and I am up eating.  I keep thinking I'm going to need to do a revision after I give birth.  It seems like most people on this site can't hold food down and I can't seem to get enough food in.  Any advice is appreciated. 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/6/16 4:54 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I got pregnant a year post-op and absolutely felt like a bottomless pie (once I got over the early queasiness). I would go to the kitchen for cereal when I got up to pee in the middle of the night. It was ridiculous!

Most people can eat more food a year or two post-op, even dense protein. And raging hormones can screw with your appetite as well. It's most likely not the case that you'll need a revision after you give birth, all of the changes from surgery are still there. But you've got a LOT going on right now, from a chemical POV.

How many calories are you eating in a day? I was maintaining at 1200, but my doctors told me to up it to 1800. I added some carbs but not a ridiculous amount, mostly things like oatmeal and raisin bran. Maybe you're not getting enough food as a baseline?

Have you checked in with your surgeon since getting pregnant? Maybe s/he would have some ideas for you.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

uveaprettyface
on 1/6/16 5:42 pm
VSG on 03/22/13

i'm eating about 1500 +/- 300. I started w/ a nutritionist but she is useless: telling me to wait 15 minutes after I eat to see if I"m still full...hello? If I could do that, I wouldn't be in this position.  I have been upping my protein even more, which seems to help a little, but I am still quickly gaining.  I've filled my home w/ easy healthy snacks so when I get up to pee, I grab the hummus and peppers/cucs/carrots, etc. I"m eating an entire garden a night. Was it difficult for you to lose the weight afterwards? How much did you gain? 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/6/16 5:56 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I'm 8 weeks out and just starting to work on it. I gained 40lb while pregnant, most of it towards the end. I'm down by maybe 4 but my eating is still off track.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Silverlining7
on 1/12/16 10:44 am
VSG on 01/31/13

You and I had surgery just a few months apart. I had mine 1/31/13 and I just found out I'm 6 weeks pregnant with my 4th baby :) I met my goal weight last Jan of 118. I've since bounced up to 123 but I'm semi okay with that. I'm now weighing 125. I feel at this rate I'm gonna put on too much weight. I still have my restriction but I've read over and over that it totally goes away ?I've also read that as soon as the baby comes the restriction returns and just like the whole principle with wls, with dedication it's pretty easy to take off. Cheers to being pregnant and I can't wait to follow your updates!

Sutterbos
on 2/6/16 10:13 pm
VSG on 06/21/12

Hello!  I'm 6 weeks pregnant and 3 1/2 years post op VSG.  This is my first pregnancy and I already feel huge.  I've only gained 3 pounds but I must also be bloated because none of my clothes fit!  Glad to find a few ladies here who are also in the same boat.  Looking forward to hearing all your updates and being able to support each other!

Kate M.
on 2/15/16 10:14 am
RNY on 08/08/14

I'm almost 2 years post-op RNY and about 5 weeks right now - wedding rings don't fit, I've gained about 7 pounds of what I'm assuming is water weight. It's actually freaking me out pretty bad. :(

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1318 views