surgery date

readingteacher
on 6/26/08 3:42 pm
  I have my surgery date for my realize band on July 10th.  I had all my hospital pre operation tests today. I have many questions!  The first is Did all of you have to go on a liquid diet for 7 days before surgery?  I must only drink diet soda, popsicles(sugar free of course), water, or sugar free juice.  I have been told many surgeons only require four days of  a liquid diet . Whatt are all your opinions on that subject?  I do want my liver to shrink enough for a successful surgery.  I guess what I am asking is this necessary?  There seems to be various opinions on this subject.  Also did anyone have their surgery at St. Alexis Hospital in St. Louis Missouri? Dr. Van Wagner is my surgeon.  I really like him , but I am not sure about the hospital.  It seemed very rundown and dirty to me.    I guiess I am just nervous about the surgery.  I need some reassurance that this is the right thing to do.  HELP!
wellkeptwoman-7
on 6/27/08 6:46 am
I was on the liquid diet for 2 weeks before my Lap-Band surgery. NO SODA! You will be fine..........and proud of yourself after you have the sugery!  (keep us posted)
readingteacher
on 6/29/08 5:15 am

Thanks for the encouraging message!  How long haver you been banded with the realize band? Have you had any problems?

wellkeptwoman-7
on 6/29/08 10:19 pm
You're welcome!  I have the Lap-Band (not the Realize Band).  I have not had any problems. Good Luck!
Hamida D.
on 6/30/08 12:26 am - jacksonville, FL

I agree with the other poster.   You will do great.  I had to do low carb for 1week then liquid diet 2 days b4 surgery. I think it may make it easier to handle the change in eating after the band.  You will do wonderful,

Most Active