Band Removal

lgf
on 7/13/08 5:05 am - Edison, NJ

I was banded on 1/0/08 and everything seemed to be going along great. I've lost 55 lbs. but have developed esophageal problems.  Will probably have to remove the band. Anyone out there have it done?  Weight gain? (I'm petrified.)..Discomfort?

speighd
on 7/21/08 8:36 am - NC
What kine of esophageal problem?
If it is removed, if yopu eat more you will gain.
If you don't eat more you won't.

A friend of mine in Florida has had good luck on Nutra-stsyem.
Me, I am waiting for my Realize Band surgery. Slow insurance companies!!
PekinSal
on 8/19/08 8:55 pm - UK
I had mine taken out - had same problems, and reflux, and not finding maintainable restriction. The op is done in a day, I was up and walking out within 4 hours. Its a bit sore, but nothing a few painkillers won't sort - more like a 'stitch' pain than anything more. Hurts less than when it went in.

I put weight back on (about 10 pounds in 4 months), but mainly because I knew I was having another surgery and wanted to make the most of my freedom before having it!

DS revision from failed lapband

lgf
on 8/20/08 1:52 am - Edison, NJ
Had the band taken out on the 7/28. So far I'm holding my own weight wise. Still have some problems keeping food down but definetly gettomg better. What kind of surgery did you have afterwards?  My MD said no more banding for me.
PekinSal
on 8/20/08 3:46 am - UK
On August 20, 2008 at 8:52 AM Pacific Time, lgf wrote:
Had the band taken out on the 7/28. So far I'm holding my own weight wise. Still have some problems keeping food down but definetly gettomg better. What kind of surgery did you have afterwards?  My MD said no more banding for me.
Well done so far - if you can manage to pretend the band is still there it works for a while!

I had duodenal switch surgery as my second attempt - mainly because its the surgery that needs the least help from me! I must have been born with no willpower - I just liked food. The DS restricts the amount you can take in, and a lot of what you eat is pooped straight out too - I have no control over either of these, which suits me fine!

DS revision from failed lapband

Most Active