Emotional Eating

handtlkr
on 5/20/11 7:14 am - Gulfport, MS
VSG on 12/17/15
Normally, and my first instinct was...grab something to stop the pain.  Not hunger pangs, but emotional feelings.  I'm on the 11th day of my 14-day liquid diet before surgery and I got some rough news today.  Just have to hand it over to the Lord and try to work past the "hunger" feelings. I don't want to mess up what I've worked so hard for so many years to get to and just be a few days away.

I've been robbed! My grandbaby stole my heart!  She just raised her hands and I surrendered.

purple39lady
on 5/20/11 9:37 am
Handtlkr,
  Emotional eating is my worst enemy.  Everything is excerbated when you can't eat what you want to eat.  Stay strong and continue to turn to the Lord.  Let Him feel those needs for you.  I know it is easier said than done, but we all go through this.  I continue to struggle with eating emotionally.  Hang in there. 
Kim H.
on 5/20/11 10:48 pm - Duluth, MN
I don't have a problem with emotional eating, but I do have "head hunger". I was fine during the liquid diet phase, it is just happening now. I need to remember to drink water instead of immediately turning to the food. I do not want to mess up what I worked for either. Stay strong in the Lord and you will get through this. Praying for you!

~Kim~

crystal M.
on 5/21/11 4:53 am - Joliet, IL
Like Kim I don't have a problem with emotional or stress eating.  I lost 30 lbs during my divorce!!!!  I tend to eat more when I'm happy and content.  What I do to curb the munchies is not bring any into the house.  It works for me. 
Kim H.
on 5/21/11 8:59 am, edited 5/21/11 8:59 am - Duluth, MN
Good idea not to bring any munchies into the house. I still have a problem with "grazing", but I am trying to drink water instead of grazing. It is a hard habit to break. I grazed before the surgery. I KNOW that is how I got to the point of needing the surgery. haha

~Kim~

June0409
on 5/23/11 11:29 pm
.... i read a book once called "life is hard, food is easy" ..... how true ... right? ...... since I have had my surgery and did classes for emotional eating  I don't really do that anymore .................... but ... latley with a lot of hardships in my life ... I have been drinking too much alcohol ... so I've switched the food for the alcohol .... i am ashamed ..... don't know what to do ..................... its like I hear this voice that says "i can't have what I really want out of life right now so I will forget my problems with this drink" .... life IS hard
Most Active