i Love this yogurt discovery..from a yogurt hater

adklabor
on 5/16/16 7:14 am

Made a great discovery yesterday!!!   Im not fond of any yogurt, let alone greek, but i figured it was good for me, so I started to experiment...and discovered something new!  (at least for me)

I took 1/2 cup greek yogurt, and added a squirt of that liquid flavoring  (in this case, orange/tangerine) that you use for your water bottles...miso or something like that.   I mixed it around, and then added splenda to taste. OMG, i never thought yogurt could taste so good!!!   you'd love it. 

Renren
on 5/24/16 9:23 am
VSG on 12/02/15

Thanks, I'm going to try it with my Orange Crush water inhanser. 

5'2.5" Surgery date/ 12-02-15 Dr.Valentine Boise ID

Highest:289 SW/212 CW 122

Goal/125-130

Goal reached at 10 months

Purplevirgo
on 5/25/16 11:12 am - NM
RNY on 05/08/12

Lol...I discovered this a few years ago myself! Only, I just use a few squirts of the flavoring and nothing else. My favorite was making the Greek yoghurt taste like an orange dream sickle ? I've also added pumpkin seeds which really was yummy to me. Also , I freeze pomegranate seeds and if you add a teaspoon of those to your flavored yogurt ...Omgggg fabulous!!! ?

MTS31801
on 11/28/17 8:39 pm

Make your own Greek Yogurt

you will need:

crock pot

whisk

Any plain small container of yogurt with LIVE ACTIVE CULTURES (very important this is your starter to make yogurt)

1 gallon of milk (not skimmed or no fat) Whole or 2% or 1%

powdered milk (optional I add this because I like my yogurt thick!)

thermometer (I use a meat thermometer)

blanket

colander

coffee filters

6 or 8 oz. small containers ( enough to hold 2 1/2 quarts of yogurt)

I yield 2 1/2 quarts of yogurt from one gallon of milk.

use for smoothies, in stead of mayo or sour cream or eat plain with a little vanilla extract.

Store bought Greek yogurt is so expensive. i found out how to make Greek yogurt at home in my crock pot! I use a gallon of milk (any type but skimmed). I pour the whole gallon in the crock pot and turn the pot on to high. after 2 1/2 hours I use my meat thermometer to test the milk temp. 180 degrees is what you want. Turn off crock pot and unplug it. Let milk temp reduce to 110 degrees ( check milk temp. at two hours). Now add in 1/2 cup of your plain yogurt with live active cultures and 1 cup of powdered milk( optional). mix with whisk. replace crock pot lid. Wrap crock pot with a blanket and leave for at the least 8 to 12 hour( i leave mine overnight). The next step is to get your colander and line it with coffee filters. spoon yogurt into colander and place colander in a bowl(make sure colander sits up high in bowl so the yogurt whey can drain. after 3 hours remove from frig and spoon into small 6-8 oz containers. store in frig and eat at your leisure. flavor with what ever you like. I add 3 equal packets to mine.

I got this recipe off of You Tube. It's delicious and preservative free!

Most Active