Pumpkin Pie Smoothie!

MTS31801
on 10/18/16 12:09 pm

I saw this on my news page and thought it sounded yummy!

I don't have a blender yet, so let me know it turned out if you try it! 

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
SERVINGS: 1

½ c canned pumpkin
½ c vanilla soy milk
½ c crushed ice
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Blend ingredients, pour and drink!

NUTRITION (per serving) 62 cal, 5 g pro, 34 g carb, 2 g fat, 0.5 g sat fat, 0 mg chol, 4 g fiber, 55 mg sodium

Mary Gee
on 10/25/16 3:50 am, edited 10/24/16 8:51 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Sounds delicious....but way too many carbs and too little protein for me during the weight loss phase.  I try to keep carbs under 40.  I use protein powder in my shakes, with unsweetened Almond Breeze.  This time of year, you can find pumpkin pie flavored protein powder.

I use a shaker instead of a blender.  Makes a thick shake without all the foam.

Best of luck to you.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

CJ On Orcas
on 10/28/16 6:23 pm
RNY on 09/09/16

You could sub in a protein drink such as Premier Protein vanilla to greatly increase protein and reduce carbs.   I am the proud new owner of an ice cream maker, will try this as ice cream and report back ;)

MTS31801
on 10/29/16 7:56 am

That's does sound yummy. Pumpkin Ice Cream!

I didn't realize when I posted this smoothie recipe that the carbs where so high. I just thought it sounded good for the fall season.  I just learned from my mistake. I know better now!

Mary Gee
on 10/31/16 7:35 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

It's a constant learning process.

Before surgery, I loved to cook.  Of course, I cooked all the wrong things. After surgery, I stuck with broiled/baked protein and veggies.  Very boring, but easy to track.  Then I had a "dark period" in my life (death of SO, home burned down) and now I'm living on my own for the first time in my life.  Went off track and now struggling to get back in line...I need to lose an additional 75 pounds to reach goal.  My prior diet of protein and veggies isn't cutting it so I'm making a commitment to add variety to make meals more interesting.  I make a mean Stir Fried Rice, Pasta-Free Lasagna, Broccoli and Beef, and omelettes of every variety.  (Will enter into MFP to get stats and will post some recipes here.)

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Most Active