Need Recipe for Party

Towanda Strong3
on 6/12/05 8:20 pm - Somewhere in, CT
Hi Everyone I am going to a party in a few weeks. Not only will it be the 1st time these people (my husbands high school gang) will have seen me since my surgery 11 months ago, but it will be a going away party for a great gal. It is potluck. So I need a really great recipe to make...of course, one that I can eat as well. Any suggestions? Thanks. Towanda
ConnieB
on 6/15/05 4:41 am - Burleson, TX
Hi Towanda, I find when I go to parties like these I bring a dessert so I don't feel deprived when I want something everyone else is eating. Here is my favorite to bring and everyone loves it and no one knows it's sugar free!! Strawberry Dream Pie 2 lbs. of strawberries cleaned and sliced 2 8oz pkg. of cream cheese (1 low fat and 1 reg) ½ cup of splenda ¼ cup or more of sugar free strawberry jam 2 8oz or 1 16oz cool whip lite (thawed) ½ tsp. of almond extract (can use vanilla extract) 2 low fat grahm cracker pie crusts In a large bowl place 2 pk of soft cream cheese, jam, splenda and extract. Beat on low until well mixed. Fold in cool whip until well blended. Fold in cleaned and sliced berries. Place pie mixture into grahm cracker crusts. Garnish with a few berries and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Most Active