single serving baked custard?

The Girl Ninja
on 12/31/05 5:20 am - Griswold, CT
I'd love to find a simple custard recipe for a single serving - with splenda or equal? If anyone can help I'd appreciate it!
Vicki C.
on 12/31/05 8:33 am - Small Town, OH
I haven't made this, but it sounds simple enough. Baked Custard 1 egg, beaten 1/2 cup heavy cream 3 Splenda packets 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract Stir all ingredients together until well mixed. Place in a small glass baking dish and sprinkle with nutmeg. Place baking dish in a shallow pan of water and bake at 325 degrees F for approx. 30 - 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
daffodil
on 1/2/06 1:56 pm - zion, IL
hi jennifer, i looked thru my index-card recipes. i found three to give you; unfortunately, i don't know who i got the first one from and it is a yummy one that i make quite frequently. you may have to experiment a little for your tastes (like with the amount of splenda used and if you use a microwave, you might have to adjust the cooking times depending on the wattage of your microwave) but hopefully you will like these even tho they are not single serving. sue Microwaved Creme Brulee 1/2 cup 2% milk (I use skim) 2 eggs, slightly beaten 1 tblsp splenda 1 tblsp vanilla extract Mix all ingredients together and pour into four 1/4 cup custard cups. Dust with Sugar Twin's brown sugar. (I don't do this part.) Microwave 4 minutes at 50% power. (I do mine for 2 minutes at full, but your oven may be different.) Serve chilled or warm. *** Egg Custard (serves 4) posted to OH by Charlie C. 1 large egg 2 large egg whites 1/3 cup splenda 2 cups fat-free milk, can be low carb or soy 2 tsp vanilla extract Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat all ingredients. Pour into custard cups. Put the cups in a 'water bath', making sure that the water is about 1 inch deep. Bake 40 minutes. Chill 2 hours. calories-80 protein-8 gr carbs-9 gr fat-2g *** Mock Danish (single serving) posted to OH by Diane H. 2-3 tbsp cream cheese 1 large egg 1 tblsp splenda 1 tsp lemon extract 1/2 tsp vanilla extract Soften cream cheese in microwave. Mix together with egg, using a fork. Stire in splenda and extracts. Microwave about 2 minutes and eat. Variations: instead of lemon extract, substitute 2 tsp cocoa or cinnamon, or apple pie spice, etc
The Girl Ninja
on 1/11/06 6:22 am - Griswold, CT
Thanks guys! I appreciate it!
Most Active