Donna L.’s Posts

Donna L.
on 11/22/15 8:06 pm
Topic: RE: Recipe Sites

I love Eggface!

I also use Linda's Low Carb Recipe Site.  It's been on the internet forever.  Many of the recipes are high calorie per portions, but when they are sized to our portions the calories drop to acceptable levels.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Donna L.
on 11/19/15 6:50 pm
Topic: RE: Let's Talk Turkey Giveaway, $250 value

My favorite Thanksgiving recipe is garlic-sauteed cauliflower with pecorino on top!

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Donna L.
on 10/29/15 5:19 pm
Topic: RE: Simple and quick please!

I cook 3-4 ounces of sirloin or turkey in a frying pan quick to stir fry. I add toppings depending on flavor; for sirloin I'll sometimes add some cooked green pepper and chopped onion -- add a bit of mozarella for a quick philly cheese steak bowl. For ground turkey I'll add a bit of taco seasoning and some lettuce and tomato diced fine. Usually takes 15 minutes to prepare.

Donna L.
on 10/10/15 4:19 pm
Topic: RE: Freezing Quiches

Hey guys!

Recently I've been portioning and freezing crustless low-carb/high protein quiches. I'm having a problem with the egg consistency, though. Even if I use a vacuum sealer, the consistency when they defrost is... weird. Any suggestions for freezing single portions off egg-like food thingers?

Donna L.
on 9/6/15 12:30 pm
Topic: RE: Meal Planning for One

Thanks so much!  That's a great idea!

Donna L.
on 9/5/15 12:55 pm
Topic: RE: Meal Planning for One

Sooo, I'm trying to stay ahead of the busy grad student curve balls this semester - no excuse for eating junk!  I was wondering if anyone had suggestions to meal plan for one.  I have Plan to Eat which I'll be using that's for sure.  I'm seventy days or so from surgery and can eat anything, and I'm sticking to 40-50g of carbs a day or less (net).

What's the best way to freeze single 4oz portions for a month?  Can you freeze mason jars (dumb question, I know)? I'd prefer reusable options rather than ziplocks, but I'll do ziplocks if I must.

Most Active