Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/22 11:35 am
Topic: Banana Pudding

One of my favorite desserts is banana pudding.
???
-Sugar Free/Fat-Free Banana Cream Jell-O (1 package)
-Unjury RTD Vanilla Protein (1 drink)
-1/2 cup of skim milk
Optional
- Nilla Wafers, Reduced Fat (4)
-Fat-free Reddi Wip (4 tablespoons)

Take one bottle of vanilla protein drink (I used Unjury, my favorite brand) sugar-free banana cream pudding, skim milk and mix well. I mixed in some chunks of banana. Refrigerate overnight and then top with fat-free Reddi whip and reduced-fat nilla wafers when you're ready to eat. It's also delicious without any toppings at all.

shirleyallen
on 6/17/22 11:00 am
Topic: Foodsaver V2480 Vacuum Sealer Machine

Keeping your food from getting spoilt is a major task. Even the refrigerator can only help you to a certain extent. If your food isn't sealed and stored correctly, your perishable food items are surely going to go to waste. How can you keep your food fresh for longer? Vacuum sealers are here to help you out with this. Here, we will talk about a specific one, the Foodsaver V2480 vacuum sealer. Let's have a look at what it offers you.

What Does Foodsaver V2480 Vacuum Sealer Offer?

Preserving your food has never been simpler. With the help of Foodsaver V2480, you get to maximize the use of your food. So, what makes this particular vacuum sealer special?

Tightly Secured

If there's one thing that you can be sure about when using this vacuum sealer is that your food will remain tightly secured for a long while. It provides you with airtight sealing properties, so you can store your food items, especially your wild game in the freezer for a long time coming.

In addition, the sealer gives you better dimensions by providing wide sealing strips. These are considered to be twice the size of a regular vacuum sealer. So, you can easily seal larger bags and canisters for your ease.

Dual Speed Setting

Typically, you'll find vacuum sealers for food to have a single-speed setting. But not this guy. The Foodsaver V2480 vacuum sealer works on two different speed settings that allow you to choose the right one for your requirements.

For instance, if you're moving between bags and canisters, you get to choose the ideal speed for secure sealing. The tool also allows you to choose a canister setting so that you're able to optimize the vacuum feature.

Food Crushing Prevention

One of the concerns that many people have when it comes to vacuum sealers is that will they crush your food items? This particular one comes with a crush-free feature that allows you to keep your food items intact while in storage.

The sensor present in the vacuum stops the process, preventing the possibility of crushing your food items. This works well for a lot of items that are prone to get crushed easily, and so is considered to be the best vacuum sealer for freezer items.

Benefits of Using Foodsaver V2480 Vacuum Sealer

If you're looking for the best food vacuum sealer, then you should know that this one doesn't fall short. It proves to be highly efficient in ensuring that your food is secured and stored, preventing the possibility of crushing, and ensuring that your food lasts for a while in the fridge.

? Stress-free operation

? Comes with accessories

? Ideal for freezer items

? Easy control of speed

Overall, this happens to be the best food saver vacuum sealer for wild game as it allows you to store the meat packed well in the freezer. You'll find your food items to remain fresh and tightly secured even after a few days. The best thing about this is that it's easy to use and comes with great attachments.

nashandra
on 3/23/22 10:48 pm, edited 4/19/22 9:38 pm
Topic: RE: Happy Thanksgiving! Anyone have a balsamic on roasted brussels sprouts recipe?

Did you want to use balsamic instead of soy for a gluten intolerance? My girlfriend is a coeliac (and a vegan!) and I didn't realise how restrictive it was on diet until we started dating. Thankfully the internet is a great resource (https://blog.creamchargers.co.uk/substitutes-for-heavy-cream / this has helped loads with free-from dessert recipes, for example) and you can always find someone who has done it before you to give advice.

Jakont
on 3/23/22 10:46 pm
Topic: RE: Happy Thanksgiving! Anyone have a balsamic on roasted brussels sprouts recipe?

it sounds very interesting, I even wanted to cook it myself

Mhorbacio
on 7/1/21 4:27 pm
Topic: RE: Easy "chicken parm" (soft food stage)

but if we make the chicken at home works too right?

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/1/21 10:35 am
Topic: RE: Easy no-bake carrot cake

You are delusional that you can get all vitamins, minerals, proteins, and essential fatty acids from vegan diet, without supplementation.
I wish you well, but one day you would realize how damage vegan diet can be to a person.

Good luck in your journey. I DO wish you all the best.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

heleneK
on 4/1/21 10:16 am
Topic: RE: Easy no-bake carrot cake

It's not a personal attack. It is a reasonable assumption that you weren't eating mostly fruits and vegetables if you gained 30 lbs on a vegan diet. Most fruits and vegetables are low calorie. A cup of spinach is 14 calories. And if you were low in iron then it sounds like you did not eat enough plant based sources of iron. And I do know the latest research studies on nutrition. I have reviewed at least 5 nutrition studies per day for 25 years, plus reading research based nutrition books, view research on Nutritionfacts.org every day and am certified in plant-based nutrition from Cornell which is research based. A whole food plant-based diet is very nutritious and healthy.

For example, kale has high levels of antioxidants, plus produces the anticancer Sulforaphane in the body, plus 1 cup of kale has 206% daily value of Vitamin A, 134% dv of Vitamin C, 684% dv of Vitamin K, 9% daily value of Vitamin B6 and calcium, 26% dv of manganese, and has alot of other nutrients.

heleneK
on 4/1/21 9:39 am
Topic: RE: Cheese-crust pizza

Keto diet is harmful to the body's organs long term, such as kidneys. It's also high fat (cause of diabetes).

heleneK
on 4/1/21 9:36 am
Topic: RE: Cheese-crust pizza

That's not true. Anyone can get heart disease due to a bad diet.(ie: meat, dairy and eggs full of saturated fat and cholesterol. And no fiber) And exercise won't protect you against heart disease. There have been top exercise professionals who had heart disease).

Bordone
on 1/4/21 7:20 am
Topic: RE: Favorite Chicken Recipes?

Have you ever tried an apple-stuffed chicken breast? I love this dish! Apples are cooked right into the chicken breasts for a sweet and savory dish that's perfect for any time of the year. I often cook it for the whole family in our house

Most Active