Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 3/15/09 10:40 am
Topic: RE: Looking for JW's...
Hello! My name is Lydia and I'm from NJ. Please feel free to contact me!
sandtay36
on 10/27/08 8:34 am - Snellville, GA
HI sis I am Sandra a sister in ATL, GA glad to meet you. I am in the process of getting approved. I am hoping soon. Hope to talk to you soon.
Sandie 

You can't win the battle if you don't fight.            
RHONDA FROM KY
on 8/18/08 9:37 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL~ A DAY AT A TIME
AUGUST 19 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY "How does The Program work?" newcomers sometimes ask. The two answers I most often hear are "very well" and "slowly". I'm appreciative of both answers, facetious as they may first sound, because my self-analyzing tends to be faulty. Sometimes I've failed to share my defects with the right people; other times, I've confessed their defects, rather than my own; at still other times, my sharing of defects has been more in the nature of shrill complaints about my problems. The fact is that none of us likes the self-searching, the leveling of our pride, and the confessions of short-comings which The Steps require. But we eventually see that The Program really works. HAVE I PICKED UP THE SIMPLE KIT OF SPIRITUAL TOOLS LAID AT MY FEET? TODAY I PRAY May God keep me from laying out my defects by comparing them to someone else's. We are, by nature, relativists and comparers, who think in terms of "worse than..." "not quite as bad as.. " or "better than..." May I know that my faults are faults, whether or not they are "better than..." others'. TODAY I WILL REMEMBER Bad is bad, even when it is "better than."
RHONDA FROM KY
on 8/18/08 2:07 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
AUGUST 18 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY As addictive persons, self-delusion was intricately woven through almost all our thoughts and actions. We became experts at convincing ourselves, when necessary, that black was white, that wrong was right, or even that day was night. Now that we're in The Program, our need for self-delusion is fading. If I'm fooling myself these days, my sponsor can spot it quickly. And, as he skillfully steers me away from my fantasies, I defend myself against reality and unpleasant truths about myself. Gradually, in the process, my pride, fear and ignorance are losing their destructive power. DO I FIRMLY BELIEVE THAT A SOLITARY SELF-APPRAISAL WOULDN'T BE NEARLY ENOUGH? TODAY I PRAY May I understand that not only must I look to my Higher Power, but that I need to trust my fellow members of the group in this Step of self-evaluation. For we mirror each other in all of our delusions and fantasies, and with these facing mirrors, we produce a depth of perspective that we could never come by alone. TODAY I WILL REMEMBER To see myself all around, I need a three-way mirror - with reflections from God, my friends and me. HUGS WITH LOVE
RHONDA FROM KY
on 8/16/08 11:25 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~~SPIRITUAL~~ A DAY AT A TIME
AUGUST 17 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY The Fourth Step suggest we make a searching and fearless moral inventory -- not an immoral inventory of ourselves. The Steps are guidelines to recovery, not whipping posts for self-flagellation. Taking my inventory doesn't mean concentrating on my shortcomings until all the good is hidden from view. By the same token, recognizing the good need not be an act of pride or conceit. If I recognize my good qualities as God-given, I can take an inventory with true humility while experiencing satisfaction in what is pleasant, loving and generous in me. WILL I TRY TO BELIEVE IN WALT WHITMAN'S WORDS, THAT "I AM LARGER, BETTER THAN I THOUGHT; I DID NOT KNOW I HELD SO MUCH GOODNESS..."? TODAY I PRAY When I find good things about myself, as I undertake this inner archaeological dig, may I give credit where it is due -- to God, who is the giver of all good. May I appreciate whatever is good about me with humility, as a gift from God. TODAY I WILL REMEMBER Goodness is a gift from God. hugs with love
RHONDA FROM KY
on 8/16/08 2:38 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
AUGUST 16 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY Inventory-taking isn't always done in red ink. It's a rare day when we haven't done something right. As I uncover and face my shortcomings, my many good qualities will be revealed to me also, reminding me that they have the same reality as my faults. Even when we've tried hard and failed, for instance, we can chalk that up as one of the greatest credits of all. I'll try to appreciate my good qualities, because they not only offset the faults, but give me a foundation on which to grow. It's just as self-deceptive to discount what's good in us as to justify what is not. CAN I TAKE COMFORT IN MY POSITIVE QUALITIES, ACCEPTING MYSELF AS A FRIEND? TODAY I PRAY If I find only defects when I look in that Fourth Step mirror, may I be sure that I am missing something - namely my good points. Although my ultra-modesty may be approved socially, may I learn that it is just as dishonest as rationalizing away my faults. Even an out-and-out failure, if examined from all sides, may turn up a plus along with the obvious minuses. TODAY I WILL REMEMBER To give myself, if not an A for effort, at least an average B minus. hugs with love
maggie100
on 7/27/08 6:26 am
Hi Marcie: Hello. Glad to meet you. I wish you sucess in getting approved. It can be a long and frustrating procedure. I was approved, then insurance (BC/BS) said now we want you to do a 6 mo. medically supervised weight program. I did Weigh****chers. I had already had my preops, so had to do the 6 mo. deal and have some over again. I was just about to give up hope when the approval came through. I had surgery RNY, Nov 14th 2007. I have lost from 251 to 177 as of today....74 pounds. The last couple of months of been reallllllllll slow! I still get sick at least once or twice a day. Meat continues to be a problem for me. Unfortunately I can eat junk food and it stays down. So I have to really watch it. I started walking a few weeks before surgery and grown to love it. Now, however, I am having a great deal of hip and back pain which is interfering with my walking painfree. All in all, I do not regret the surgery. It is wonderful to lose this burdensome weight. My blood pressure has drastically went down and I no longer take med. Last week at dr. my bp was 112/60. My knees are better and I don't get out of breath doing regular things. Like most of surgery patients I tried everything and couldn't stick with it to lose and lost very slowly. This was my last resort. I am now 57 so decided I'd wasted enough years with this burdensome weight. Where in N. Cal. do you live? I am in Rancho Cucamonga, about 45-1 hr east of L.A. We just got home from meeting (we have 9 am slot) and I'm about to take my after meeting nap!! Then me and my honey (Eddie) are going to JC Penney's to their big sale. We stopped there briefly last night and I bought a nice skirt that was marked $4.97, but at the register it came, with tax, to $3.21!!! Now that's a sale! The store was closing so had to hurry. Please, feel free to write me your story and any questions you may have. My personal email address is [email protected]. Thanks for responding. I posted that "looking for JW" a long time ago. So far I've had 3 resonses. Respectfully, Maggie/Marsha
OMCV
on 7/26/08 6:16 pm - CA
Hi ... I'm a sister from Northern California. I am in the process of getting approved.
FastFingers ~*~
on 11/27/07 5:50 am
Topic: RE: Any UUs out there?
I am an atheist who is interested in UU, but don't want to find a Christian-y, preachy one. I know they can range from atheistic to preachy. Haven't really explored this too much yet.
Most Active
Recent Topics