Revision Approved

Rosanna Garland
on 6/4/06 10:54 am - Bulan, KY
I was approved for my RNY revision. My surgeon made my original pouch 100cc whereas most surgeons make the pouches 30-50cc. My pouch will be made smaller by going in and doing the OPEN RNY all over. Has anyone else been faced with this type of revision? I am scared that something will go wrong because I had a lot of complications with my original suregery. I am suppose to have my surgery Friday June 9th, but I am getting more and more scared as the day nears. I am praying that I have made the right decision to have this revision. MY WLS family, please pray for me.
sopralto
on 6/4/06 12:37 pm - WA
I talked with my PCP and probably the only surgery allowed by my HMO is this type of revision. I have to follow your progress and see how you do. (Sorry to make you my personal guinea pig!) Please keep posting and know we are praying all goes well for you.
(deactivated member)
on 6/11/06 10:44 pm - Fairborn, OH
I would strongly recommend you consider looking into a revision from RNY to DS. Not many surgeons are qualified to do this surgery (which is why not many of them recommended it either). I had the same problems as you - but the risks of redoing the RNY were much greater than simply converting to a DS. They left my pouch and stoma alone and just redid the routing of my intensines. Come over to the DS board if you have questions.
Valli
on 7/25/06 4:51 am - Bolingbrook, IL
I was just approved my my revision for next tuesday. I have no idea what my surgeon is going to do to me. The nurse said that he will go in and take a look at what my last surgeon did and bypass more of my intestine after he gets rid of any scar tissue. He said to me when we met that he wouldn't touch my stomach/pouch but his assistant said that if he felt it is stretched then he will. I'm just praying to GOD that everything goes as I plan and I can finally reach my goal without complications. I hope your surgery went great Valli
Most Active
Recent Topics