Very discouraged ...need help post revison 2 months

Linnrr
on 6/8/06 5:31 am - San Juan Capistrano, CA
In 93 I did stapling with Lite Life,dummy me I am not sure even what it is called.No cutting only the ring at the esphogus thing. I did all the tests and got a revision from the group right here in Orange County...my other Dr was retired.The ring removed it was dispalced and my stomach was all over the place and mishapened. At first I wasnt at the 100 pound mark so I gained enough,smart move,yeah! Chnged insuarance and got approved first time.Ok to go on with the saga,I am 60 years old now,and 2 months post op....lost 20 pounds the first 2 weeks or so now I have lost maybe 3-5 pounds,depends on the day. I stick to the program faithfully and NOTHING......for weeks not any thing.I feel so disapponted and let down.I am calling my Doctors office today so they can give me a exact run down of my whole procedcure. Did I do this for not?......I want to go eat anything I can but I wont. Lin in Ca
(deactivated member)
on 6/8/06 8:54 pm - Plano, TX
One thing you can check is what medications you are on. I've learned from people on this forum that some medications can keep weight on you. Then I've read that some blood pressure meds can cause you to gain weight.
Christine1959
on 6/9/06 1:56 pm - Indianapolis, IN
I would never take a surgical risk just to lose 20 lbs! Think about this for awhile before deciding on this one. Blessings Christine
Christine1959
on 6/9/06 1:59 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Oooops sorry Linda, I was preaching to the wrong gal. Blessings. Christine
dawn1234
on 6/10/06 10:24 am
Hi.... I would contact your surgeon and have them do a upper gi series on you....to see if you have developed a gastrofistula that connects the old stomach with the new pouch. Especially if you know whether or not the surgeon transected you during the revision. (If you aren't transected you can develope a fistula from a possible SLD). How much are you able to eat in a sitting? Are you doing the protein, water and low sugars and walking at least 4-5 times a week? I know I had a VBG in 1997 and then was revised in 2006.....I have been able to eat more now than I ever was able to eat post VBG. But I am loosing weight still( in fact below dr's goal weighing in last week at 135 lbs and I am 5'8"). I am still loosing also.....but I do control what I eat. I eat 5-7 small meals a day and drink water, still do protein drinks or bars and try to move a little each day(although now I suffer from hypoglycemia and have to eat while I exercise) and I keep all sugar content (whether from sugar or sugar alcohols to under 10-12 grams at most per meal). Please give us an idea on what you are able to eat...amount wise and what your regular food choices are. But I would definitely contact the surgeon and have him/her follow up! My heart goes out to you..... Hugs, Dawn
Tommie W.
on 9/11/06 6:01 am - Coldspring, TX
Hi.  I had a non adjustible lap band with Dr. Molina 8 years ago.  I lost from 353 to 218.  Now I am back up to 280.  I considered a revision, but my doctor's office discourages it.  They say make the band work again.  I seem helpless to resist carbs and excessive eating.  Thank you for your ideas.  Tommie
Most Active
Recent Topics