I just had Endoscopic GB Repair in Boston!

snazzytoes88
on 6/15/06 12:38 pm - woburn, MA
I survived it! I have waited 6 months for this and even though I woke up nauseous and have felt weak and icky for the 2 days since the procedure, I think it was worth it! I've lost 6 pounds so far and I feel better with each hour that passes. Dr. Christopher Thompson at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston is still the only one doing this -- tightening the stoma by going down your throat, no incision, and it's day surgery -- you can get an appt by calling 617-732-7429. He's booking in November for the first appt. at the moment. Google his name for more info. Any questions, just ask.
irishdi
on 6/15/06 11:23 pm - decatur, IL
WOW,, congrats and hope you are feeling better. I live in Il and want this done ....Hoping sooner or later someone learns from dr. thompson how to do this as I can see this will be a very popular procedure as there is no major surgery involved here for a revision................ Diane
fradycat007
on 6/17/06 4:13 am - MEMPHIS, TN
Hey veronica...Thank God for pulling you through this again. I scheduled my appointment 2 months ago with dor thompson and my date is shceduled for October 30th....Please keep us posted thanks karen mason
ladymocha
on 6/17/06 4:30 pm - Bronx, NY
Hello veronica, wow! Thank God you made it through the procedure. I need to have the revision surgery, but my doctor is having me get 6 months of weigh in's before my paperwork is submitted to my insurance company. I have never heard of endoscopic gb repair, is it a new procedure? I need to mention this to my doctor and see what he says. I had my surgery 12/04 and to date I have only lost 90 pounds. I'm so frustrated with this very very slow weight loss, but what can I do. I still need to lose another 75 pounds to be at the weight the doctor says I should be at. Well, continued success to you and God bless! Yvette
Laura4968
on 6/20/06 6:35 am - PHENIX CITY, AL
Can you tell me the approximate cost? I would have to pay out of pocket just as I did my original surgery almost 10 years ago. Thanks
darnell239
on 6/21/06 1:12 am - Columbia, SC
Laura, I called Dr. Thompson's office and asked question about cost. The procedure itself is $6,000. However, I was told that it does not include the consultation fee. You have to have a consultation before the Dr. will let you know if you qualify for the procedure. I hope this helps.
goldroses
on 7/9/06 11:42 pm - S. Weymouth, MA
HI Veronica, I'm glad to hear you repair went well!! I have an appointment with Dr.T in late August. What can you tell about your consultation and were you in pain and also what criteria is used to detirmine if you need a repair? Thank you so much Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics