Endoscopic Tightening

darnell239
on 6/20/06 9:34 am - Columbia, SC
I've read some of the post pertaining to the endoscopic tightening. This seems like an interesting procedure and I would like to hear from people who have had this procedure. My questions are how much is the procedure for self pay? What are some side effects are people experiencing and are they really seeing good weight loss results? I know I have many questions but if there is a procedure that is safer and means not opening you up or putting incision in your abdomen I think its worth the discussions
slickgt
on 7/5/06 11:03 pm - Bolingbrook, IL
I am interested in hearing more about this too. I am planning on having this done and have an appt with a endoscope doctor on 8/8. I can eat large portions all the time and never feel full. They did an upper GI and found that my pouch is still small, but the opening between my pouch and intestines (stoma) is too large. They say, once they tighten that up, it will be like it was when I first had surgery (13 months ago) where just a little will fill me up and the weight will start coming off again. I haven't lost anything in 7 months (haven't gained either) but still need to lose another 100 pounds or so.
darnell239
on 7/5/06 11:13 pm - Columbia, SC
It was great hearing from you. Can you tell me where you are having your procedure done at? I would like to know if your insurance is covering it?
slickgt
on 7/6/06 10:49 pm - Bolingbrook, IL
Hi Rachel, I'm not sure where I'm having it done yet. I'm seeing a local HMO doctor in August (my insurance is making me start there) and depending on whether he does this procedure or not and how many he's done will determine if I let him do it or go to Boston and pay for it myself. Ed
(deactivated member)
on 7/21/06 3:55 am - Somewhere, NJ
Can you tell me who and where in Boston? I am in the process of getting approval for a revision. My orginal surgery was done in 7/2003 and I lost a smidge over 100 pounds and now I am gaining rapidly. I never even came close to my goal weight. My Doctor is finally listening to me. The only thing is he has only talked about making my pouch smaller. I want to weigh all my options first. My doctor is now out of network so I have no clue how all this will work out.
slickgt
on 7/28/06 3:06 pm - Bolingbrook, IL
Christopher C. Thompson, M.D.,M.H.E.S. Director of Developmental and Bariatric Endoscopy Brigham and Women's Hospital, Division of Gastroenterology 75 Francis Street Endoscopy Center Boston MA 02115 617-732-7426 Hope this helps!
Donna R.
on 9/20/06 4:07 pm - West Chester, Pa
Hi there, God bless you many times over for this information on Dr. Thompson. I grew up in Boston living in the greater Santa BarbaraCa area having an upper GI tommoraw . Had Rny 2002 lost 110 gained back 10 have a huge appetiate and very scared. Something has to be done.                                Donna R
donna r
Ronni A.
on 7/9/06 7:15 am - Durham, NC
Hi Rachel, I have never heard of this but I seem to have the same issue. Are you looking into having this done in Greenville? If so, who have you been talking to there? Thanks
darnell239
on 7/9/06 10:47 pm - Columbia, SC
Hi Ronnie, I found out about endoscopic tightening on OH. So far there is only one doctor in this country that does it and he is in Boston, MA. Insurance considers this an experimental procedure. I hope this helps.
shurwitz
on 8/23/06 7:57 am, edited 8/23/06 7:59 am - Moultrie, GA
Hi there. I know this is a dated post, but I thought I'd respond anyway. I just had this procedure with Dr. Peter Henderson in Brunswick, Ga., on 8/21. I can tell a difference right away in feelings of fullness and not being able to eat as much. The jury's still out on whether this adjustment will allow me to meet my WL goals. I had RNY (open) in 2001, and lost 160 pounds. Over the last year and a half, however, I started grazing, and was still hungry all the time, and I have gained back some 65 pounds.
Most Active
Recent Topics