question regarding my pain (two years post op)

milleniummommy
on 7/6/06 2:02 pm - corona, CA
hellow. my wls experience has been text book, if not better, considering all the numerous others who have suffered complications arising from the surgery. i am well over two years post op at this point and about 92lbs down. as of the last three weeks, i have had some pain in my pouch starting there and spreading around my outter upper intestinal area (directly under my diaphram leading onto both sides of my outer body). twice now the pain, though not bad enough to call an ambulance, has woken me out of my sleep during the nights. water is somewhat uncomfortable to drink again. has anyone experienced this? im embarressed to see my surgeon again because i am 15lbs more than i was the last time i seen him when i was 3 months pregnant. isnt that rediculous!! im in pain (which comes and goes day by day on occasion) and afraid to see my surgeon! any suggestions what this might be?
maryrodr
on 7/7/06 11:46 am - davenport, FL
First look for the obvious.....do you have a gallbladder? Second look for the rare.... I have had similar pain. I went through 3 additional surgeries related to the pain. I am an ICU RN and figured out what the pain was myself. Each time they went in they found my duodenum distended, the bile wasn't draining from the old remnant stomach through the duodenum. It was from SMA syndrome, where the superior messentaric artery crosses over the duodenum. They are SLOWLY finding it in WLS patient's related to rapid wt. loss. I finally had it fixed 3 weeks ago today. I have not had the pain once after that. My pain happened often at night, in the middle of sleep. Don't be afraid to see your surgeon. If you'd like an article on the subject let me know I have one. Good luck, Mary
RobinLPN.
on 7/8/06 1:58 pm - littletown in Ohio, OH
Kimberly, Please see your doctor. I am 4 years post op,lap Rny. A 2 1/2 weeks ago I started to have "uncomfortable" feeling in my stomach. Especially at night.It too woke me from sleep. I would get up and move around some times it went away sometimes not. After I ate I felt very uncomfortable,like I ate a ten pound roast. When I drank I felt like it didn't go down.Monday 7/3, I started feeling weird and getting very nauseated. Then I got very bad pain in upper sternum area.Long story short...five hospital days later I find I have a ulcer where my pouch connects to my intestine. I am NOT saying that is what you have BUT...If I had went to the doctor when this first started maybe just maybe I could of avoided a very expensive hospital stay and alot of pain. Oh, I didn't go becuase I am 4 years out and 47 pounds up since my lowest weight. Please see you doctor!!! Robin
Robins
on 7/11/06 11:20 am - Woodbine, GA
I have the same problem. I will be fine all day long and come night time I would wake up with this pain that would knock you off your feet. The pain was so severe I thouhgt I was having a heart attack. I have gone to the ER many of times and they have found nothing. Sometimes the pain is so intense I thought I was dieing and sometimes I wi**** was that easy. Thier has been many of times I should have gone to the ER and just waited it out, I would pace the house until it would pass. The longest it ever lasted was three hours and I thought for sure I would lose my mind. Alot of the reason I don't go to the ER when I should is that they dismiss my pain and I don't believe they really believe I have pain. To top it off I go to the baratric doctor and he tells me he thinks it's gas!!!!!! some gas that will wake you up out of your sleep and make you feel like your having a heart attack. So were do we go from thier. I continue to suffer with daily stomach pain and eat only current things mostly protien shakes and soups . My family seems to be more upset about the things I can't eat, then it bothers me. I have gotten used to it and it doesn't seem to be a big deal to me anymore. I tell them I used to live to eat , NOw I eat to live. Oh well you can't please everyone and that's the way I have to deal with the whole issue. Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics