Hi all, I had a rev...

staceymae
on 8/2/06 7:11 am - Edson, Canada
Hi all, I had a revision from VBG to RNY on June 13, 2006. I was 235 pre op and now weigh 198, down 37 pounds. I feel really good, have very few issues with food, have not dumped or vomited and generally doing great...I eat no more than a cup of food at a sitting, sometimes less depending on the food. Best of luck to everyone else who is going through this!!...Canadian Chick
dawn1234
on 8/3/06 11:37 am
Congrats.....I too went from the VBG to the RNY and I am extremely happy that I did it. My VBG had almost scaried my stomach shut and I vomited after every meal...now I am able to eat what I need to eat and have only sugar gram limits and fat gram limits. I have lost 105 lbs and am down to 135 lbs at 5'8" and still lose if I really watch what I eat and up the protein intake. Congrats...keep up the great work and be sure to add in some exercise and weight training...might help prevent you from having to endure reconstructive surgery. I started lifting as soon as my doc cleared me to and I have very little excess skin! YEA! Hugs, Dawn
luckycat1
on 8/5/06 10:14 am - Cincinnati, OH
Congrats! Keep up the good work. I had Lap Rny on March the 2nd of this year from stomach stapling that was done in the late 80's. I lost over 150 lbs. but because ther was no support system at the time I gained the weight back well 100 lbs of it. It took me almost 15 years to gain it back but I did. I am so happy that I descided to have a revision to RNY. I have not had any problems because I watch my sugar and fat intake. So far I am down 110 lbs. Good luck on your journey and take care MJ
(deactivated member)
on 8/8/06 10:57 am - Plano, TX
I recently had a revision to RNY from VBG. I am 8 weeks post op and I feel great! I do have dumping, and I have thrown up a couple of times for not chewing my food well (got in a hurry). But I've lost 40 lbs, and I know I'm on the road to good health.
dmwbynes
on 9/9/06 7:03 pm
I had the VBG Jan of 2001, straring weight was 389 lbs. Got down to 240lbs and got pregnant Nov 2002. Gained only 28 lbs. Never lost it.  October of 2005, after so much vomiting, scar tissur grew over and around the band. Did not even allow liquids to pass. Starved for 11 days before I got weak with a massive headache. Am living in Okinawa, Japan and had an emergency surgery done here on the island. Doc here created a huge hole from the bottom of the esophagus into the other side of the pouch were the staples were. Band is still there. Nothing can pass. Have gained back 60 lbs in almost a year. I am getting very depressed and was considering the bypass surgery. I did not know they revise the VBG to RNY. Do you recommend your surgeon? Whould you do it all over again? Any regrets? Thanks and God Bless!  deborah in Okinawa, Japan
Most Active
Recent Topics