Anyone need a revision at a year out after RNY??

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/06 7:16 am - Cleveland, OH
I'm hoping that maybe I can get some more answers on this forum and relate better than I do to most of the post-ops on the main message board.  I had open RNY on 9/7/05 and lost 83 pounds in the first 5 months, but since then NOTHING.  Around the time I was 2 and a half months to 3 months out I noticed that my appetite returned with a vengence and it seemed like I was already eating way more than a lot of post ops a year out or more!  For the record, I never drink with my meals and I do eat pretty healthy, however my problem seems to be that I graze all day because I never seem to feel full I'm scheduled for a CT scan tomorrow and having an upper GI next week to see if they can determine whether I have a staple line rupture of if the opening of my stoma is too large, but does this happen often to someone at not even a year out??  I feel like I'm the worlds biggest failure and I'm terrified that even if they determine that my surgery has failed, my insurance company will never cover a revision, and I could never afford to pay out of pocket so looks like I'm doomed to be morbidly obese forever........sorry for the whining, I just feel so lost right now.
Paula Prichard
on 8/25/06 12:41 pm - Kingman, AZ
Would your insurance cover it if there was fault with the original surgery? That way it isn't a revision due to failure, but surgical fault. Maybe you can get your surgeon and your PCP to write letters of support to send to your insurance.

Open RNY 1/24/02               First Post-op Baby: Roman Michael 3/29/06                                    
TT w/ Hernia Repair 7/03     Second Post-op Baby: Aurora Marie 1/15/08
LapBand on Pouch 11/06     Breast Reduction/Thigh Lipo/Brachioplasty 6/08
kristiew
on 8/29/06 11:45 am - WV
I had RNY in march of 2005 and became pregnant at 6 weeks post op and due to complications with the pregnancy  (eating and throwing up) I stretched my pouch and need to have a revision.  I had an endoscopic evaluation and my pouch has stretched but my opening is normal.  So I will just have to have my pouch size reduced.  I am scheduled for revision on sept. 11.
Khandi
on 8/30/06 10:37 am - Atlanta, GA
I only lost weight about two and after surgery.  I lost about 30lbs. My surgeon is to arrogant to say his partner was at fault. So, I believe that the pouch can be made to large after surgery.
debidots
on 9/14/06 3:49 am
I believe the same thing, some pouches seem to be smaller, by the amount of food some people can eat. Once I was on regular foods, I could eat almost as much as I could before the surgery. The result is, slow weight loss.
Casey Q.
on 11/8/06 11:39 am - Dayton, OH
I swear I could have written this.  I am so embarressed that I have only lost 52 pounds.  I had a revision from the lap band to the RNY the 15th of Nov.  I had a scoping done due to throwing up and they stretched me.  He rechecked me in Jan and restretched me again.  I think he ruined me!  I have not lost weight since then.  It breaks my heart that I will never see under 200 pounds.  Not sure where to go from here or how to even fix it.  I am calling and making an appointment with the surgeon I am now seeing. 

Casey married to love of my life Steven, serving in Iraq, and mom to 4 beautiful girls, hoping to adopt a  boy in the future Mar 5th 2003 lap band placed 277Nov 15th 2005 revision/AGB removed, hiatial hernia repaired, RNY. 270/219/180 -60 pounds 

newhair.jpgFieldReady2.jpg5girls.jpg

(deactivated member)
on 11/9/06 1:22 am - TX
Have you checked into the DS?
Most Active
Recent Topics