What test to have for stretched stoma???

Donna R.
on 9/20/06 1:23 pm - West Chester, Pa
Hi, I am having an upper GI series tommoraw to see if the pouch has stretched. What tests do you need to see if the stoma is enlarged or does the upper GI take care of both.                 Thanks guys,  Donna R
donna r
kristiew
on 9/22/06 2:21 pm - WV
An upper GI should show but to get measurements you would have to have an endoscopic exam I would think??  That is how my pouch and stoma size was measured.  Good luck!
Donna R.
on 9/23/06 1:33 am - West Chester, Pa
Yes you are right I am now going for the endoscopic exam this week?Kris  what is the lastest with you---what kind of revisionr u going for and how did u feel everything was being stretched when did u have the surg??                       Thanks, DonnaR
donna r
Paula Prichard
on 9/23/06 11:25 am - Kingman, AZ
I had an Upper GI done two weeks ago to determine pouch size and stoma size. My pouch is tiny after almost 5 years, but my stomas has totally blown open....crappy, huh?

Open RNY 1/24/02               First Post-op Baby: Roman Michael 3/29/06                                    
TT w/ Hernia Repair 7/03     Second Post-op Baby: Aurora Marie 1/15/08
LapBand on Pouch 11/06     Breast Reduction/Thigh Lipo/Brachioplasty 6/08
Donna R.
on 9/23/06 2:29 pm - West Chester, Pa
Paula, What made you feel you needed an Upper GI done? Where you eating a lot??? Do you need an endocospidic done to? Whats next for the stoma repair????                                                  Donna R.
donna r
Cathy A.
on 9/29/06 1:23 am - Modesto, CA
When I had my Upper GI they said the food just goes right through. I feel hungry soon after eating and have gained some weight. I am going to have a revision having the lap band placed over my RNY the end of October. My pouch is still small but there is no restriction.  Cathy
Donna R.
on 9/29/06 2:28 am - West Chester, Pa
Who is going to do your surg??I had my Upper GI and endoscopy and it seems the radigolisits cant read the films right  because they are not bariatric surg. I am sched to have LAP over RNY NOV 3 in Mexico. I to can eat a lot. The radigolisits (spelling) said I just eat the wrong things, to much, so just stop eat.HOWS THAT.                                                     Donna
donna r
Cathy A.
on 9/29/06 2:44 am - Modesto, CA
Dr Higa in Fresno he is a wls guru they say. I feel very comfortable with him and his expertise.  When I had wls I had it because I could not control my eating, they said I would dump on sugar, they said I would get sick an throw up if I ate to much.  Well I don't have any of that and so I need the band to give me restriction.  I know that I must change my habits but to do that I need help that I didn't get the first time around. I feel great about my decision and can hardly wait.  I wish someone that has had this would post. I do have a freind that had it and she and her sister that also had it are doing just fine. Cathy
Most Active
Recent Topics